Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

1950s-60s KVP/VoPo Visors

Article about: VoPo Officer Visor:

Default General der Grenzpolizei Schirmuetze?

Gents, I could use a bit of detached opinion here. I am looking at this cap and hovering over the question of authenticity.

Both cap and insignia look ok from the pics but there seems to be a disparity between the patina of the cockade and chinstrap when compared to the cap itself.

It is not helpful when the sweat diamond is missing from a cap that looks otherwise not that heavily worn.

If this was a Brit piece that would not phase me at all as removal when issued is in many cases encouraged as "it will make you go bald" according to the old hands!

Am I unduly concerned here?

Regards

Mark1950s-60s KVP/VoPo Visors1950s-60s KVP/VoPo Visors1950s-60s KVP/VoPo Visors1950s-60s KVP/VoPo Visors
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1950s-60s KVP/VoPo Visors
    P
    Many

is the peak made of fibre or plastic? Hard to tell from the pictures... but these early caps have fibre peaks. I hope you have deep pockets too, because it will likely go for twice the current bid of 251 euro's.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    is the peak made of fibre or plastic? Hard to tell from the pictures... but these early caps have fibre peaks. I hope you have deep pockets too, because it will likely go for twice the current bid of 251 euro's.

Hi Steve,

From the pics I am pretty sure it is fibre or "Vulcanfiber" to use a proprietary German name. I am fairly familiar with the material and even in most photographs the difference is clear once you have handled the actual material.

Hahaha, I know what you mean about the prices and I haven't bid on it. I an just considering the option You never know, if I raid the piggy bank it could happen

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4