Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Another M56 Stahlhelm

Article about: Good afternoon gents, I already had a couple of M56 that differed in detail; http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nation...please-522055/ and a couple of M56/76 for comparison but then I found this

Default Another M56 Stahlhelm

Good afternoon gents,

I already had a couple of M56 that differed in detail;

NVA Type M56 x2 for opinion please

and a couple of M56/76 for comparison but then I found this M56 that has the slotted rather than stitched cheek pads thus differing from the others.

It is in practically mint condition which, whilst I tend to prefer some useage to be evident tends to make it a useful comparison piece. I believe the shell marking is; II 5 62 although I am not entirely sure of the 5 (May).

These helmets are the closest most of us will get to the Type B of late WWII. I would love to find a really early one with the three colour decal (KVP I thnk).

Regards

Mark
    Another M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 Stahlhelm[
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another M56 Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

?

I agree with you that a helmet needs some useage, but this M56 looks great. It's a beauty

Default And another one! M56 Stahlhelm that is!

I just added this one purely because of the paint finish which I have not seen before.
    The colour is normal (within the tendency for shades to vary) but it appears of have something like aluminium oxide added to the paint to give a rough texture to the surface.

It is another size II and dates to March 1960 so maybe even a Berlin Wall veteran

Another M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 StahlhelmAnother M56 Stahlhelm

Regards

Mark
    PS I don't know what the hell is going on with the picture uploader, if you don't get it spot on first time and try to edit/delete pics you end up with the ones you tried to delete repeated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M56 Stahlhelm   Another M56 Stahlhelm  

Another M56 Stahlhelm  
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Never mind... twice the pictures - twice as good!