Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A couple of DDR awards.

Article about: A couple of cheap and cheerful NVA/DDR pieces i picked up in Krakow last week, the Drivers classification badge was a whole 7 Zlotys £1.50. A pity about the medal presentation box being slig

Default A couple of DDR awards.

A couple of cheap and cheerful NVA/DDR pieces i picked up in Krakow last week, the Drivers classification badge was a whole 7 Zlotys £1.50. A pity about the medal presentation box being slightly damaged due to the dealer putting a price label on it!..
    A couple of DDR awards.A couple of DDR awards.A couple of DDR awards.A couple of DDR awards.A couple of DDR awards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of DDR awards.
    P
    Many

Thanks for showing!

MAP
    ?

Some nice pick ups Gunny. Do you know when these were awarded? Or am I showing my ignorance . ....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Meritorious Medal of service looks to be 1980> and the Transportschließe possible 1970>

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    The Meritorious Medal of service looks to be 1980> and the Transportschließe possible 1970>
    Sorry, but I beg to differ when it comes to the latter:

The clasp was awarded since 1986 (and until the end of the GDR). Also, allow me to remark that the term "Transportschließe" makes no sense in German. ("Schließe" can be translated as "clasp", but only as in a clasp that is used to close something.)

The badge is properly called Klassifizierungsabzeichen für Kfz-Dienst [Classification Badge for Motor Vehicle Service]; this is the Leistungsklasse II [Performance Grade II] badge.

(Source: Militärische Abzeichen der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik by Klaus Feder et al., Militärverlag der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik , 1988.)

About 1980 can be right for the Verdienstmedaille der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik. Definitely not earlier than 1973. (The medal was instituted in 1959. Its black-red-and-gold elements were originally enamelled. Starting in 1973, they were also painted, as seen here.)

(Source: Auszeichnungen der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik by Frank Bartel, Militärverlag der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik , 1979.)