Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

DDR Collection

Article about: G'Day All, Figured to start my own thread on this subject Here's lots of shots from my junk pile! ahh this is a refreshing area to collect, totally stress free plus I can play with it all wi

I'm pretty sure it is correct for army officers there also is a long sleeve version

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Oh!....all right....
    ......nevertheless I'm quite sure that short sleeve shirts have never been issued to the NVA. As a matter of fact you can't find/read them in any regulations (Dienstvorschriften).

I know short sleeve shirts as "genuine item" ONLY with the stamp MdI... because, as I wrote in the post before, these were issued to police forces.

Alex

All I can say is this one came in the factory packaging

Some forensics to a lowly shirt, the arm pit inseam overlocked stitching over laps the short arm stitching indicating factory MFG
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-19-2016 at 06:28 AM.

comune1aclasse, I know that short sleeved shirts were issued to police officers, but they only had one button on the pockets. This one plainly has two, which is why I said that it was fantasy. Rene, these shirts were, as comune1aclasse mentioned, never mentioned in dress regulations, have never been photographed in wear, and I was actually so curious about this that I asked an ex-NVA Leutnant and he told me that they were never issued.

Your example is a 1990 one, perhaps they were altered at the factories whilst the DDR was crumbling to try and sell them as a consumer shirt? Or perhaps there was some planned institution of these shirts that never eventuated.

Cheers Guys,
    Whacked the STASI boards on an older long sleeved shirt, short sleeved one now remains a mystery

Have the second option to play with a little trickier to find!

bud
    ?

Rene: These are awesome and you got them so fast! The beret is one of my holy grail items (along with an officers jacket) that I spend time looking for! Great pickup.

nice beret's rene'

Cheers Guys