Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

DDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo album

Article about: Another piece of ephemera to add to my DDR Collection... a 'Junge Pioniere' photo album. This is not all the book, just a sizeable chunk of it. I've barely started to translate it, but I bel

Default DDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo album

Another piece of ephemera to add to my DDR Collection... a 'Junge Pioniere' photo album. This is not all the book, just a sizeable chunk of it. I've barely started to translate it, but I believe that the album is the work of one of the leaders rather than a young member of the troop. The photograph of the band is very reminiscent of the Hitler Youth, I have enlarged it for a better view. All photographs are undoubtedly genuine and original to the album. Click on images to enlarge...

Cheers,
    Steve.

DDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo albumDDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo album

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR 'Junge Pioniere' photo album
    P
    Many

?

That is a fantastic piece of DDR history. I really like it and it looks like a very nice album. Thanks for sharing and it's a great addition to your collection.

Regards, Rik

Hi Rik,
    It was purchased just before Christmas - in Manchester of all places! There are 64 photographs in total.

Cheers,
    Steve

Nice pick up there Steve. Looks like they were from the young pioneer centre in Möhlau, a village about 100kms north of Leipzig. The centre was named after German Titow (Gherman Titov) an early Soviet cosmonaut.