Become our sponsor and display your banner here

DDR MDI gold award

Article about: Another cased medal with Urkunde... 'Medaille fur treue Dienste in den bewaffneten Organen des MDI.' Medel shows little - if any ware. Click (twice) on images to enlarge. Cheers, Steve

Default DDR MDI gold award

Another cased medal with Urkunde... 'Medaille fur treue Dienste in den bewaffneten Organen des MDI.' Medel shows little - if any wear. Click (twice) on images to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve

DDR MDI gold awardDDR MDI gold awardDDR MDI gold awardDDR MDI gold awardDDR MDI gold awardDDR MDI gold award
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.... 'A Salford Pal: Pte Thomas Jay.'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR MDI gold award
    P
    Many

Nice one Steve! I don't have any MdI medals yet apart from a couple of Volkspolizei but I suppose these to the "Bewaffneten Organen" would cover the anti terror units. So, here we go down another off-shoot. My house is too small for this

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Nice one Steve! I don't have any MdI medals yet apart from a couple of Volkspolizei but I suppose these to the "Bewaffneten Organen" would cover the anti terror units. So, here we go down another off-shoot. My house is too small for this

Regards

Mark
    And so is mine... so the wife keeps telling me. I just cannot resist these cheap bargains on eBay de when I come across them!

Cheers,
    Steve
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.... 'A Salford Pal: Pte Thomas Jay.'

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    And so is mine... so the wife keeps telling me. I just cannot resist these cheap bargains on eBay de when I come across them!

Cheers,
    Steve
    Well, it has been said before but the NVA and BW are very much part of the Germany Army history and as such are perfectly natural adjuncts to what for many begins as an interest in the TR period Wehrmacht just the same as extension the opposite way into Imperial German militaria. All very much part and parcel of the whole thing much to the peril of us collectors.
    I think for me the burgeoning interest in the NVA etc stems from the years I spent glaring at these guys over the "garden fence" as it were!

And of course, TR stuff started off as "cheap bargains" just a few years back!!

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-01-2019 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    The medal was instituted in 1959 and awarded to personnel of the police, firefighting services and prison service as well as to civilian employees of the MdI. (It evolved from the earlier "Medaille für treue Dienste in der Volkspolizei" instituted in 1955.)

Very nice find mate.
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...