Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

DDR Volkspolizei patches

Article about: Just picked up these two arm patches. First one is a rather rare early blue Schutzpolizei (Uniformed police) patch. This was worn by Transportpolizei and Wasserschutzpolizei units. While mos

Default DDR Volkspolizei patches

Just picked up these two arm patches. First one is a rather rare early blue Schutzpolizei (Uniformed police) patch. This was worn by Transportpolizei units as they had a blue uniform instead of the standard green one. While mostly similar to the later patches, the embroidery is notably thicker here, with practically no distance between each individual ''line'' making up the round star.

DDR Volkspolizei patches
    DDR Volkspolizei patches

The other one is a Bereitschaftspolizei (Police alert units) patch. While of later issue than the first one, this one has gotten pretty hard to find these days, and I was lucky to find one for only a few euros. You can notice how the embroidery differs from the early blue patch.

DDR Volkspolizei patches
    DDR Volkspolizei patches

-Joel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR Volkspolizei patches
    P
    Many

Nice find mate.

Nice items. I especially like the blue one.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Nice items. I especially like the blue one.
    Yup, it is clearly the superior one. These actually came from the UK, and while there aren't too many DDR items in the ebay.co.uk -site, sometimes it's worth it to take a look every now and then!

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Just picked up these two arm patches. First one is a rather rare early blue Schutzpolizei (Uniformed police) patch. This was worn by Transportpolizei units as they had a blue uniform instead of the standard green one. While mostly similar to the later patches, the embroidery is notably thicker here, with practically no distance between each individual ''line'' making up the round star.-Joel
    Here is another Schupo blue patch for comparison. It isn't exactly the same as the one posted by Joel but quite different to the green VP BePo so in terms of period I think it falls between the two but closer to the 1st than the 2nd.

I picked this one up in Berlin during 1989.

DDR Volkspolizei patchesDDR Volkspolizei patches

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."