Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Dramatic rise in price of UTV webbing?

Article about: *this might not the the place for this, so I’m sorry if this is out of place* I’ve noticed a very dramatic change in price for UTV webbing online. Where a few months ago I’d see a harness an

?

Question Dramatic rise in price of UTV webbing?

*this might not the the place for this, so I’m sorry if this is out of place*

I’ve noticed a very dramatic change in price for UTV webbing online. Where a few months ago I’d see a harness and belt sell for $10 - $40, now I’m seeing auctions for hundreds of dollars on EBay.

Did I miss something? Have we suddenly run out of UTV webbing in the world?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dramatic rise in price of UTV webbing?
    P
    Many

Interesting. I sometimes see various DDR/NVA items at Ebay with absolutely ridiculous price tags. I guess some people just want to try if they can find a sucker to pay for them. Perhaps this is a similar case where people are just being incredibly greedy...?

Now I'm not an expert on webbing but what if surplus stores recently finally ran out of these items and they are all now in collector hands, thus the sudden increase in price? Just guessing here.

There are chancers everywhere, you can still find NVA gear at bargain prices.

CBH
    ?

As the stuff dries up, prices will only increase, WarsawPact and ex-Soviet stuff is the collectable of the future.
    Wish I had have pick up more NVA stuff when it was dirt cheap.

Quote by CBH View Post
    As the stuff dries up, prices will only increase, WarsawPact and ex-Soviet stuff is the collectable of the future.
    Wish I had have pick up more NVA stuff when it was dirt cheap.
    Agreed. For example one could pick up piped black collar NVA tunics in the early 90's for just a couple dozen bucks. Now the prices have an extra zero at the end.

Hello,
    This morning i've seen some NVA equipments for sale at a local fair.
    A belt + buckle + Y-straps + 2 ammo pouches, all brand new from stock : 50 euro
    Camo pants : 15 euro, camo jacket : 15 euro (2nd type Strichmuster camo)
    Winter felt boots 20 euro
    And the guy had a full box of NVA stuff like if we still were in the nineties...there's still hope...
    For 150/160 euro, someone interested could have made a complete combat mannequin set up
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)