MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Early Grenztruppen Mutze

Article about: A recent purchase, this nicely shaped grenztruppen officers cap. Manufactured by VEB Perfekt, Berlin in 1962, it has a wire bullion wreath and vulkanfibre peak. The wearer had removed the wi

Default Early Grenztruppen Mutze

A recent purchase, this nicely shaped grenztruppen officers cap. Manufactured by VEB Perfekt, Berlin in 1962, it has a wire bullion wreath and vulkanfibre peak. The wearer had removed the wire band and given the cap a very nice shape. I get the impression that he was someone who plastered his head in hair tonic, as the leather sweat band is quite dirty - as is the extreme edge of the cap where it meets the sweat band. The whole cap is quite grubby, showing signs of much use. There is a name tag in the cap, but it is barely legible. Click on images (twice) to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve

Early Grenztruppen MutzeEarly Grenztruppen MutzeEarly Grenztruppen MutzeEarly Grenztruppen MutzeEarly Grenztruppen MutzeEarly Grenztruppen Mutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Grenztruppen Mutze
    P
    Many

?

Looks Pretty cool

This is indeed a fantastic example, just the right amount of saltiness! The cap certainly has quite a story to tell...

-Joel

?

This Schirm is a beauty Steve! It looks so much better then a unissued piece.

Regards, Rik

TWS
    ?

Quote by Dschop View Post
    This Schirm is a beauty Steve! It looks so much better then a unissued piece.

Regards, Rik
    Agree!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Love it!

I missed this when you posted it but I agree it si a cracking piece of period appearance!

I must say it does seem a little reminiscent of the TR "crusher" style

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."