Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

East German Belt (with pics)

Article about: These are the pics of the belt I bought on saturday

Default East German Belt (with pics)

These are the pics of the belt I bought on saturdayEast German Belt (with pics)East German Belt (with pics)East German Belt (with pics)East German Belt (with pics)East German Belt (with pics)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement East German Belt (with pics)
    P
    Many

Default Re: East German Belt (with pics)

That's a lot of pouches!! Certainly is an East German buckle as you have stated. Don't know much about the belt - or the pouches....Thanks for adding the pics.

Rob

Awww, come on guys! Don't be shy...

?

Nice belt, I got a west German leather belt and buckle, you can find a lit of that rain drop pattern cam gear here in oz at disposal stores. I got a helmet with rain drop pattern cover for AU25.00 about 6 years ago. I would really like to get my hands on a military police cover for it as well.

Please, I don't want to now about your collection (right here anyway), so if you could post ONLY information you have about the belt kit in the pictures.

Thanks,
    Trevor

Quote by visor_cap_collector View Post
    Please, I don't want to now about your collection (right here anyway), so if you could post ONLY information you have about the belt kit in the pictures.

Thanks,
    Trevor
    Uhhhhh....I don't know what else to say - the ammo pouches (or whatever they are) are not our forte here as we deal with belts and buckles....as said: it is simply an East German belt and buckle. The quality is certainly lacking in these pieces (as the communists were not big on spending money for equipment such as this). The West German examples are much more appealing - to me anyways. It's not rare or anything - these East German belts/buckles are quite common and I think you can get the buckles for a couple US dollars.

I think the last post was just that - nobody talking necessarily about their collection...but rather: sharing information about this type of equipment.

I'm not sure what else you want us to say about this?

Cheers!

Rob

Don't know about the small pouches for grenades, perhaps F1 style grenades? The center pouch is a very common 4 cell AK-74 pouch so it should contain the E-german bakelite 5.45 magazines. There is also a 'curved pouch' which is presumably for the MPiKM=AK-47 (or more correctly AKM derivative). I think I got 4 pouches for $20? Same for the belts, a few dollars in the US. All of these are quite common.
    Last edited by meyerse; 09-14-2010 at 03:50 AM.

?

Thanks for the back up Lach! Yeh basicaly just saying that that type of equpment is quite commonly availabe, though I dont know much about particular pouch types or uses.....

Here you can buy everything but the AK pouch for $8.50, they are grenade pouches, but I am only guessing they are for F1 derivatives.
    Grenade Pouch Bandolier - 4 Pouches with 3 Cells - East German Surplus $6.95 Only!

Here he will sell you either the straight or curved pouches for $3.50. Again, I believe the straight, which is what you have is for the AK-74 derivative with bakelite mags
    Battlefield Firearms & Relics

so, I hope you didn't pay more than about $12.

Go get yourself a $15 E-German helmet to go with it......

Thank you all for your help. I understand the problem with posting my question here. And please, I really would LOVE to see your collections, or just to talk about militaria, feel free to add me on Facebook: Trevor Nelson. Again, thanks!