Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

East German Helmet Name ID

Article about: I had some extra time today and thought I would spend some time learning a bit more about one of the helmets I picked up awhile back. It's not very uncommon, just an NVA Paratrooper helmet m

Default East German Helmet Name ID

I had some extra time today and thought I would spend some time learning a bit more about one of the helmets I picked up awhile back. It's not very uncommon, just an NVA Paratrooper helmet made in (as the stamp below would suggest) 1975. I did notice as well what looks to be a name written under a flap of the helmet liner (looks like 'Sovpnmez' to me, but I am likely misreading that), but after many attempts on the internet was unable to find much of anything about it . That being said, I was wondering if any of you happened to know of a source/site/other material that might be of use in ID'ing the name, or anything else that might be helpful. I tried to post pictures of all the pertinent information on the liner and some pics of the helmet in case that's of use. I specialize more in the Western Allies' helmets of WWII and beyond, so this is completely out of my area of knowledge.

I would like to thank you guys in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide!

Here are the pics:

East German Helmet Name IDEast German Helmet Name IDEast German Helmet Name IDEast German Helmet Name IDEast German Helmet Name ID

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement East German Helmet Name ID
    P
    Many

As a side note, I hope I put this in the right section of the forum, if not feel free to move the thread to a more appropriate place!

Thanks again

?

How about a pic of the outside of the lid?

Schinmel?....

My bad for leaving those out, here you are:

East German Helmet Name IDEast German Helmet Name IDEast German Helmet Name ID

Schinmel?....
    Yah that could be it

I tried some more searching online with a couple different variants of the name but was still unable to find anything. If anyone has any sites or other sources that contain soldier rosters or something along those lines for the NVA or anything else helpful that'd be great I'm not sure if any such thing exists/is public but I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone did happen to know.

Thanks again,