Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmspringer Abzeichen

Article about: Described as "Fallschirmspringer Abzeichen Handgestickt Version 1960-67" only photo i have and i've requsted more. Your views?...

Default Fallschirmspringer Abzeichen

Fallschirmspringer Abzeichen
    Described as "Fallschirmspringer Abzeichen Handgestickt Version 1960-67" only photo i have and i've requsted more. Your views?...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmspringer Abzeichen
    P
    Many

This is not my area of expertise, and I will gladly stand corrected if I get this wrong, but I don't like their general look and don't even think these badges existed in embroidered form at all.

(At least I've never seen an embroidered version and the period reference Militärische Abzeichen der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik [published by the Militärverlag der DDR in 1988] makes no mention of an embroidered version, either.)

This is a rare badge (with only a few hundred awarded from 1960 to 1963) which is known to be faked.

Thank you for the valued information Andreas.

Andreas is a helpful member whose contributions provide much valued information!

It is only the lack of feedback which has tempted me to post anything Paul... I have searched the web to try and find more information about these embroidered badges, but I cannot find anything about these at all. Pardon me for going off at a tangent, but I see that your post has had 91 'looks' and just two replies... how sad that other forum members will read a post - but not bother to leave any kind of comment. And yet by contrast, that TR SD M42 'cobbled together' helmet which Brodie Bartfest purchased, attracts 1,166 'looks' and 64 replies.

What is it about NVA items that people find so boring that they cannot even be bothered to comment on a post? After all, Hitler's Third Reich only occupied a small space in 20th Century history... just 12 murderous blood-soaked years, and it wasn't even the worst regime of that period in history.

The Nationale Volksarmee was founded on March 1st 1956 and was disbanded on October 2nd 1990... a period of 34 years service to the people of East Germany. With a strength of 120,000 personnel, this army was considered to be the last true German army. Highly trained with a superb officer cadre, it was the most feared army of the Eastern Bloc during the 'Cold War' period. So to all of you who 'look' but don't comment on a post, I would say please take the trouble to leave some form of reply. There is nothing more disheartening to someone who takes the trouble to try and inform others, to receive no comment or input. No wonder so many member's get disheartened and stop posting.

Regards,
    Steve.

Thanks for the input Steve and i've got to agree with what you have said. Since i sold most of my TR collection i have been concentrating on DDR/NVA items and cold war Polish items, in the past few months i have bought quite a bit of NVA and Polish gear but have posted very little of it, i'm not here to be popular but have gotten to the stage when i think why bother? it seems i am wasting my time and forum bandwidth.
    But hey ho we all feel pretty pissed off now and again. May i just repeat myself and say that Andreas (HPL2008) truly is a credit to the forum, he goes out of his way to research obscure items and is always willing to help.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about Andreas Paul. There are others, but they are few and far between.

?

I unfortunately lack the references to help out with such items

Hopefully people make some good references websites and books for DDR stuff at somepoint. That would help generate interest.

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen.

Must say, I know the feeling; it's really frustrating to start a thread and then find that you're just talking to yourself. There are some areas of collecting that just don't seem to draw much attention here, let alone be actively pursued by a significant number of members. Post-war German material - GDR as well as FRG - is among them.

Of course, that lack of interested parties results in a lack of responses, especially when it comes to threads posted with a request for opinions on an item's nature or authenticity. (But I guess at the end of the day, in such cases no replies at all are still preferrable to a dozen posts all saying "Don't know" or "Not my field of collecting".)

I hate to state the obvious, but those of us who read threads such as these, do so to educate ourselves and make no comment because we don't feel qualified to do so. It is better not to say anything, rather than to guess an answer, which would cause much annoyance when somebody more qualified further down the line reads the thread and has something useful to say.

I hope that this contribution was useful

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast