Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kasernierte Volks Polizei "Fuer Ausgezeichnete Leistungen" (For Excellent Performance")

Article about: This badge was only issued from 1954 - 56 and the earliest examples were serial numbered with the number being stamped into the reverse. The highest numbers I have seen have been four digits

Default Kasernierte Volks Polizei "Fuer Ausgezeichnete Leistungen" (For Excellent Performance")

This badge was only issued from 1954 - 56 and the earliest examples were serial numbered with the number being stamped into the reverse. The highest numbers I have seen have been four digits. That suggests to me that the numbering was discontinued by 1955 but that is an assumption. Does anybody know for sure?

This example is a later un-numbered piece which are often thought to be duplicates,replacements or extra pieces. This may be so with regard to very early pieces but when the number stamping was discontinued during the period of issue that must cease to be a factor.

I have noticed that the un-numbered pieces always seem to be those in the best condition so maybe these were from the very end of the timeline for this badge. Also the soldering of the pin always seems far more profficiently executed suggesting improved manufacturing techniques perhaps?

If anyone can quote definitive reference material I would love to hear it.

As it stands I am really quite pleased with this one.

As usual all input is very welcome as that is how we all learn!

Regards

Mark
    PS Of course it is no surprise at all that the cases of the early DDR badges and awards were very similar to the cases produced in the former TR and earlier.
    Kasernierte Volks Polizei "Fuer Ausgezeichnete Leistungen" (For Excellent Performance")Kasernierte Volks Polizei "Fuer Ausgezeichnete Leistungen" (For Excellent Performance")Kasernierte Volks Polizei "Fuer Ausgezeichnete Leistungen" (For Excellent Performance")Kasernierte Volks Polizei "Fuer Ausgezeichnete Leistungen" (For Excellent Performance")
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-02-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kasernierte Volks Polizei "Fuer Ausgezeichnete Leistungen" (For Excellent Performance")
    P
    Many