Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Koppelschloß Kadetten DDR

Article about: Hey guys, this might be my purchase of the year so far... This a NVA/DDR belt buckle for (Officer?) Students. My example is quite worn as it’s generally a shiny gold colour. But if you look

?

Default Koppelschloß Kadetten DDR

Hey guys, this might be my purchase of the year so far...

This a NVA/DDR belt buckle for (Officer?) Students. My example is quite worn as it’s generally a shiny gold colour. But if you look close you can see the original gold finish in places and especially on the back of the buckle. It doesnt differ to much from the standard belt buckle design wise.

I got this piece off of ebay for £9, some dealers have these listed for £180! Albiet in generally better condition.

I have included a few photos of it compared against a standard NVA example and a photo of the very stylised name written by the owner.

Hopefully you guys Enjoy looking at this buckle. If you have an example or know more about these then definitely say!

Koppelschloß Kadetten DDRKoppelschloß Kadetten DDRKoppelschloß Kadetten DDRKoppelschloß Kadetten DDRKoppelschloß Kadetten DDRKoppelschloß Kadetten DDRKoppelschloß Kadetten DDRKoppelschloß Kadetten DDRKoppelschloß Kadetten DDR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Koppelschloß Kadetten DDR
    P
    Many

Nice catch!

I've noticed an uptick in DDR militaria posted to this forum as of late. It's a welcome change.

B.B.

That is a very nice find, and it just goes to show that the bargains are still there for the taking for those who take the trouble to search them out. The leatherwork is of the second type, the first having the catch stitched rather than rivetted... although I dare say that you already know this!

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Thanks Steve!

I think I remembered reading that off your reference thread regarding the 3 patterns a while back!
    The NVA belt buckle posted with the cadet buckle above for comparison has the 3rd type hardware on its belt.

So I still need to get all the standard types of the common buckle! But at least i am working down the way rather than up!

?

Thought I would throw this link in. Shows a complete Cadet uniform with this belt in wear, if your using chrome you will get the option to translate the page into English from German

DDR-Kabinett-Bochum: Die Kadetten der Nationalen Volksarmee (2) - Uniform eines ehemaligen Naumburger Kadetten an das DDR-Kabinett-Bochum ubergeben