Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors

Article about: Bud, thanks for your comment. No, not all are mine--just some of them. 1856 was the former Robert Lubstein (Erel) factory--after the war they were taken over by the DDR in 1950 and became a

Default M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors

This thread will be dedicated to the M-62 Visors, which had the tri-color cockade replaced by the Staatswappen. They also did away with the color piping, but retained bullion insignia.

These hats were worn through 1967, and in 1968 the NVA switched to the common all-metal insignia for visor hats.

This one is for a Volksmarine Field-Grade Officer--note the 1963 date:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors   M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors  

M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors   M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors  

M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors   M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors  

Last edited by stonemint; 10-08-2014 at 05:56 AM.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors
    P
    Many

Here is a small-size Field-Grade VM visor from 1965.
    The top is removable, and the chinstrap and sweatband are leather.

As is the case with many of these DDR visors, it was made by VEB 1856 (the former Robert Lubstein/Erel) company.
    The bullion work is on par with anything they did during the Third Reich:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors   M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors  

Last edited by stonemint; 08-13-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Here is a 1963-dated Damenkappe for NVA women:

Last edited by stonemint; 08-13-2013 at 05:07 AM.

This hat is for the East German Border Guards and is dated 1967.
    Note the pronounced Sattelform--rare to see at this stage of the DDR.
    What is nice about these M-62 visors is the use of leather (not vinyl) sweatbands; the use of polyester-free wool; and the lackierte pappschirm visors (ie, they were not injection-molded plastic):

Last edited by stonemint; 08-13-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Here is an exception to the rule--the wear of bullion by a General, circa 1973

(Credit: Vaughn O)

Damenkappe for a Luftstreitkräfte officer dated 1965. Bullion is direct-embroidered to the body of the hat:

Standard DDR NVA M-62 Officer visor with a 1967 date. This one has an oilcloth sweatband in lieu of leather. Hat still has the original packing newspaper inside.

Hat has a quality Trikot all-wool body, with a nice Sattelform (note hat is made by VEB 1856).

Hat is unissued, due obviously to its large size (62):

Nice portrait pic of an embroidered wreath with the Staatswappen in place:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors  

Subdued Landstreitkräfte General visor by Emhage.
    (This one probably had the M-56 cockade replaced by the Staatswappen).
    (credit: Marshal's Baton)
    Attached Images Attached Images M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors  M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors  M-1962 Bullion (Handgestickt/Metallgespinst) DDR Visors 

bud
    ?

Hi Stonemint. Great caps. I have some questions and a comment: Are all caps marked 1856 then made by the same company? I haven't seen any newer caps that didn't say 1856, just some older ones posted here and there. Second, Are these yours? I have to say you have the best cap collection. Please keep posting.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast