Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Major's Shoulder Boards

Article about: What do you guys think about these Shoulder Boards? They look just good enough for me to consider them but for some reason I don't like the backs. I might just be too cautious but I figured

Default Major's Shoulder Boards

What do you guys think about these Shoulder Boards? They look just good enough for me to consider them but for some reason I don't like the backs. I might just be too cautious but I figured I would ask!
    Thanks,
    Brandon

Major's Shoulder Boards[ATTACH=CONFIG]443291
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Major's Shoulder Boards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Major's Shoulder Boards
    P
    Many

Default re: Major's Shoulder Boards

They look fine to me.

Thanks Douglas,
    I liked the detail on the piping and quality seems right but I just wanted to be sure

The construction is similar to this piece which I purchased from a very reputable dealer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Major's Shoulder Boards   Major's Shoulder Boards  

Yes that is the same construction and everything! Thank you very much. I wish these were yellow air crew like yours I don't have any Luftwaffe shoulder boards besides a pair of flak crew ones

Default Re: Major's Shoulder Boards

The Russian braid on the boards, construction of the pointy tipped tongue and placement of the Pips would suggest DDR

East German BORDER GUARD Senior officer shoulderboards | eBay

Larry

I see what you mean thanks I just compared it to a set on collectors guild and your right. I knew something was unsettling about the back. Im glad I waited on them and I should have trusted myself but I was worried about minor details and overlooked the pointed shape staring me in the face. so does that mean douglas's boards are incorrect?

?

Quote by soalebm View Post
    I see what you mean thanks I just compared it to a set on collectors guild and your right. I knew something was unsettling about the back. Im glad I waited on them and I should have trusted myself but I was worried about minor details and overlooked the pointed shape staring me in the face. so does that mean douglas's boards are incorrect?
    Yes Douglas's are post war also.

I agree with Steve.

Moved the thread to the new NVA forum

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Oh dear, sorry Brandon. This board was purchased from Jamie Cross last year whom I believed was an expert, so I had complete confidence in it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast