Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit Urkunde

Article about: Just added this Medal for Exemplary Border Service with Certificate. An 1966 award in the early pattern carboard leather effect case. The case bed is the early imitation velvet "fuzzy&q

Default Medaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit Urkunde

Just added this Medal for Exemplary Border Service with Certificate.

A 1966 award in the early pattern carboard leather effect case. The case bed is the early imitation velvet "fuzzy" material but not the later "Spruhpilz" (I think that is the right term for the much cheaper sprayed pile effect on acetate type plastic) whilst the lid lining is synthetic silk effect.

The certificate has that characteristic "old house and tobacco" smell that is impossible (so far) to fake.

Just showing this for info and illustration but all comments and opinions are welcome.

Regards

Mark

PS Just stating "the bleedin' obvious but the urkunde is scanned as a pdf so needs to be opened with Adobe os similar. If anyone can't open it just ask and I will photograph it instead
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit Urkunde   Medaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit Urkunde  

Medaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit Urkunde   Medaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit Urkunde  

Medaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit Urkunde  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-11-2019 at 11:48 AM. Reason: PS
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit Urkunde
    P
    Many

A superb medal Mark, and thanks for that nicely scanned PDF, it opens just fine with Firefox

Different scents certainly add quite a bit to collecting old items, one of the reasons I like this hobby is because many items have that enchanting unique scent, like old leather and fabrics.

-Joel

A very nice medal Mark... this is my example from 10 years later - although the medal is still housed in a good quality case.

Cheers,
    Steve

Medaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit UrkundeMedaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit UrkundeMedaille fur Vorbindlichen Grenzdienst mit Urkunde

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A very nice medal Mark... this is my example from 10 years later - although the medal is still housed in a good quality case.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve,

Yes, there is I think something quite evocative of the period about the GT items and I like the green bed in your case, a colour that became rather iconic of the Grenztruppen as a whole.

I see yours is also signed by General Hoffman, I wonder if he found time to do anything else there are so many things with his moniker! (Joking in the DDR style!)

Thanks for showing it.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."