Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first NVA items.

Article about: Just wanted to share my NVA majors tunic and an NVA visor cap. To offset my Bundeswehr heavy collection, it is time for some NVA; As always, Thanks for looking and comments welcome!

Default My first NVA items.

Just wanted to share my NVA majors tunic and an NVA visor cap.
    To offset my Bundeswehr heavy collection, it is time for some NVA;
    My first NVA items.
    My first NVA items.
    My first NVA items.
    My first NVA items.
    My first NVA items.
    My first NVA items.
    My first NVA items.
    My first NVA items.
    My first NVA items.
    My first NVA items.
    As always, Thanks for looking and comments welcome!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first NVA items.
    P
    Many

?

Pretty cool!

oh dear now you're in trouble
    It happened to me too!!! Once I started I couldn't stop for quite sometime! lots of therapy had to control me I must say!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    oh dear now you're in trouble
    It happened to me too!!! Once I started I couldn't stop for quite sometime! lots of therapy had to control me I must say!
    I rather like the Cold War stuff. Not as fraught with the fakery and f****ry of the WWII stuff.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I rather like the Cold War stuff. Not as fraught with the fakery and f****ry of the WWII stuff.
    Still be a little careful I did get caught out on a repro rain patt winter parka once! all good as it's a big size and wearable.

Cold War militaria is vastly underrated. An affordable alternative to Third Reich-era pieces, every bit as visually pleasing, and every bit as historically interesting. They have their own place in history, and will certainly increase in value eventually. From the point of manufacture onward, an item can only get scarcer. Of course, with the amount of stuff East Germany churned out, it's going to be quite some time before you're paying TR prices for DDR gear!

As long as you're not in it for the investment - and let's face it, very few of us are - they're just as viable as any WWII-era collectible.

B.B.

Still be a little careful I did get caught out on a repro rain patt winter parka once! all good as it's a big size and wearable.
    Oh, you're not kidding, look at stonemints' fake visor thread. But, the prices aren't awful. Andreas and others have stunning collections of 57er awards, and the tunics and uniform bits are plentiful. I guess even the modern stuff suffers from fakery.
    A quick question, does the shoulderboard appear to indicate artillery? It is an odd red.

- - ------- - -

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Cold War militaria is vastly underrated. An affordable alternative to Third Reich-era pieces, every bit as visually pleasing, and every bit as historically interesting. They have their own place in history, and will certainly increase in value eventually. From the point of manufacture onward, an item can only get scarcer. Of course, with the amount of stuff East Germany churned out, it's going to be quite some time before you're paying TR prices for DDR gear!

As long as you're not in it for the investment - and let's face it, very few of us are - they're just as viable as any WWII-era collectible.

B.B.
    Agreed!

If it's like this one it's STASI boards just quickly searched for a pic in my archive

quickly scrolled through 8,000 pics, this STASI looks a similar colour to yours
    I actually don't have artillery in my lot!

quickly scrolled through 8,000 pics, this STASI looks a similar colour to yours
    I actually don't have artillery in my lot!
    It does look similar. STASI wore military tunics? I don't know much about the organization.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast