Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My new NVA M56 Helmet.

Article about: Just came in today, this thing is in really great shape for what it is and i'm very curious what information you guys can give me on some of the markings. Still relatively new to collecting

Default My new NVA M56 Helmet.

Just came in today, this thing is in really great shape for what it is and i'm very curious what information you guys can give me on some of the markings.

Still relatively new to collecting NVA items, i have a strichtarn parka hood/helmet cover coming soon to go with the helmet.
    My new NVA M56 Helmet.
    My new NVA M56 Helmet.
    ^Not sure about the validity of the "Made in East Germany" stamp.
    My new NVA M56 Helmet.
    My new NVA M56 Helmet.
    ^ NVA W U
    My new NVA M56 Helmet.
    ^ Hard to see but says 2, 78

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new NVA M56 Helmet.
    P
    Many

?

"Not sure about the validity of the "Made in East Germany" stamp."

Yeah I had to check mine and its has the NVA stamp, but not the Made In stamp.
    Wait for other who are more experienced with these. I only have 1.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by magnetom View Post
    ^Not sure about the validity of the "Made in East Germany" stamp.
    Looks like a standard late model M56 helmet (without rivets or early liner). A lot of these were stamped on being imported to the US, not sure why though. Probably some marketing scheme as I don't think there's a law on importing steel helmets as there are with firearms.

?

Looks nice. It will go well with your other E.G. item.
    Semper Fi.
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 07-02-2019 at 03:46 AM.

can't see if it's W but the U is for 1978, made in Germany was some form of US import stamp but I can't remember why? I think someone mentioned it on a post somewhere around here.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-05-2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added pic

A nice - and by the looks of it - unissued helmet. But the liner is incomplete, the sponge padding is missing.

duplicate post
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-02-2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: deleted

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A nice - and by the looks of it - unissued helmet. But the liner is incomplete, the sponge padding is missing.
    crap how did I miss that one! good pick mate

Nice minty late M56, just picked up one myself, but was after the earlier riveted ones, and like the non-minty type.
    "Per Ardua"

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    can't see if it's W but the U is for 1978, made in Germany was some form of US import stamp but I can't remember why? I think someone mentioned it on a post somewhere around here.
    I think that's correct Rene. The US has for decades had import laws that required imported products to be marked where manufactured. I first noticed the effect of that on knives from Germany exported to the US post WW1. Where "Germany" had to be marked on the blade. Similarly post WW2 sales of the popular British Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife had to have "ENGLAND" stamped on the crossguard to satisify US regulations. I would think these helmets have fallen into the same regulation red tape and the importer has gone for the simple solution of an ink stamp. That at least tells us it was sold in the US probably in early 1990's.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast