Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

NVA DDR Stadtkommandatur Berlin Award

Article about: hello mates Got this Award (... i believe att least that it is an award...) for my DDR / NVA collection, but i dont really understand what it is, except that it must be an awarsd of some kin

Default NVA DDR Stadtkommandatur Berlin Award

hello mates

Got this Award (... i believe att least that it is an award...) for my DDR / NVA collection, but i dont really understand what it is, except that it must be an awarsd of some kind from the "Berlin NVA City-Command".
    Even thou i did my searching, i could not find good infomation about it..

It is a metal- plaque which displays the DDR- Coat of Arms and the legend:

"NATIONALE VOLKSARMEE / STATDKOMMANDATUR DER HAUPTSTADT DER DDR BERLIN"

The other side shows a Grenztruppen- soldier standing before the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.

Anybody knows more about this specific award ?
    To whom of for what was it awarded?
    Any iformation is very welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NVA DDR Stadtkommandatur Berlin Award   NVA DDR Stadtkommandatur Berlin Award  

NVA DDR Stadtkommandatur Berlin Award   NVA DDR Stadtkommandatur Berlin Award  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA DDR Stadtkommandatur Berlin Award
    P
    Many

any idea what this award stands for ?

This is what is called a table medal, they where common in the Third Reich but were more frequently used in the DDR.
    STADTKOMMANDANTUR DER HAUPTSTADT DER DDR BERLIN if i remember correctly was awarded to the different regional commanders or STADTKOMMANDANTUR of the Berlin military District. While rather ornate they are surprisingly common.
    The man on the back would not a Grenztruppen but a Volksarmee member, Grenztruppen awards where always very specific
    Morris

thanks man, i dont know where i got the Grenztruppen- idea from, as being an NVA- award, the Soldat must also be from the NVA. I believe the Brandenburger Tor tricked me.. Thanks for the info, nothing is worse than an collection item without context..