Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NVA Long Service medals, and others

Article about: Got these a few days ago. Long Service medals in bronze, silver and gold. Unfortunately the seller didn't have the minis for the ribbon bar. 15yr 20 yr 25yr These I haven't been able to figu

Default NVA Long Service medals, and others

Got these a few days ago. Long Service medals in bronze, silver and gold. Unfortunately the seller didn't have the minis for the ribbon bar.

15yr 20 yr 25yr
    NVA Long Service medals, and othersNVA Long Service medals, and others

These I haven't been able to figure out, they're Kampfgruppen medals, but when I try to google them, I got more auctions and not much info. Anyone have any ideas? lol

NVA Long Service medals, and othersNVA Long Service medals, and others

This one translates to "for Outstanding Service" I've seen this one with and without the black border around the flag. Someone suggested that the black border was in honor of a deceased comrade.

NVA Long Service medals, and othersNVA Long Service medals, and othersNVA Long Service medals, and others

Kampfgruppen patch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NVA Long Service medals, and others  
    Last edited by Stinkpotpete; 03-07-2013 at 03:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA Long Service medals, and others
    P
    Many

Default Re: NVA Long Service medals, and others

Very nice awards, the next time i'm in Berlin i'm going to look for some!...

Thank you, I just wish I could get more German sellers to ship over here lol

?

Hi Paul, nice medals!! The group you are wondering about are Merit/Achievement medals.

Approved on Sept 25th 1961 it was a single medal cast in bronze in recognition of, and appreciation of meritorious service.

In 1978 they went from the one bronze medal to the three (Bronze, Silver and Gold) you have.

Hope this helps.

Cool, thanks Mike That does help. I have another 25 yr service medal on the way, but the ribbon has gold trim, and the mini has a small golden add on to it. I have to go back and look up what that meant again, forgot it already lol