Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nva m-56

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors ,here's an NVA M-56 from my collection with original netting. From what I can make from the feint stamp it was manufactured in 1968, it also has the original owners name

?

Default Nva m-56

Hi Fellow collectors ,here's an NVA M-56 from my collection with original netting. From what I can make from the feint stamp it was manufactured in 1968, it also has the original owners name penned on the liner. Feel free to comment and thanks for looking

Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56
    Nva m-56

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nva m-56
    P
    Many

very nice example opexit i really like this one and would be proud to own it ,it certainly has had a repaint during its long issued career ,the earlier paint always seems more glossy than the latter matte finish ,the writing makes it even more desirable , the original coat from what i can see in places has a real nice patina to it ,it would be too tempting for me to reveal more of it , it looks like somebody has already purposely started digging around the date/size stamp which would spur me on ,also its nice to see the foam head supports intact too ,this foam usually turns to dust over time and just falls out in compressed lumps ,thanks for showing
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice example opexit i really like this one and would be proud to own it ,it certainly has had a repaint during its long issued career ,the earlier paint always seems more glossy than the latter matte finish ,the writing makes it even more desirable , the original coat from what i can see in places has a real nice patina to it ,it would be too tempting for me to reveal more of it , it looks like somebody has already purposely started digging around the date/size stamp which would spur me on ,also its nice to see the foam head supports intact too ,this foam usually turns to dust over time and just falls out in compressed lumps ,thanks for showing
    Thanks for the compliments James, I never knew these were initially issued with a glossy finish!. It is in very good condition for a 46 year old helmet.I think along with the Swiss models this helmet has an odd profile, I read up on the history behind the design of this model,quite fascinating reading. I would like to eventually purchase a raindrop cover for it,but until then it displays well

every helmet collection should have a few of these , I remember before the fall of East Germany these helmets use to sell for around US $250 & up because these were very rare and hard to get in the US at that time, then after the Wall came down they flooded the surplus market and anybody could buy one for about $20 at the surplus store

I really like the design , I have several of these helmets in my collection including the early model M56 with the M31 liner dated June 1959

are you sure the shell is dated 1968? this would be one of the earliest rivetless shells, the earliest Ive seen for a smooth rivetless M56 shell is 1970

nice photos
    Last edited by battle gear; 04-28-2014 at 04:06 PM.

thats a very good point BG ,i never looked for the external rivits because i thought the netting had obscured them, i have two of these myself ,an early and later model and agree on every collection having at least one
    Regards James

Quote by Opex View Post
    I think along with the Swiss models this helmet has an odd profile, I read up on the history behind the design of this model,quite fascinating reading.
    Hitler thought so to, he poo poo'd this design, intended to replace the M35/40/42 at the end of hostilities (If Germany had won !)...........Nice helmet Opex
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    every helmet collection should have a few of these , I remember before the fall of East Germany these helmets use to sell for around US $250 & up because these were very rare and hard to get in the US at that time, then after the Wall came down they flooded the surplus market and anybody could buy one for about $20 at the surplus store

I really like the design , I have several of these helmets in my collection including the early model M56 with the M31 liner dated June 1959

are you sure the shell is dated 1968? this would be one of the earliest rivetless shells, the earliest Ive seen for a smooth rivetless M56 shell is 1970

nice photos

Hi BG, thanks for looking and I assume the bottom digits are 68, admittedly the stamp is very feint though, and thanks for compliments on the photo's I was playing around with the settings on my camera on this was the result.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Hitler thought so to, he poo poo'd this design, intended to replace the M35/40/42 at the end of hostilities (If Germany had won !)...........Nice helmet Opex
    Prost ! Steve.

Thank you very much Steve for the added information and compliment, and well Adolf was a touch eccentric to say the least

Actual Field Test conducted on new helmet in trial tests in 1943-44.

Notice marked areas with an X or Circled area, shows how Bullet was deflected by position of helmet.

This was the most modern helmet design up to the creation of Kevlar Helmets. Again Germany was ahead of the rest of the world, In 1916 they had the most modern helmet that offered best head protection, changed it to the M-35, M-40, M-42.

After the War created the Wartime helmet we know as the DDR/NVA M-56.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nva m-56  

superb referance picture BG and the information regarding this model
    Regards James

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast