Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NVA medal grouping

Article about: hey Guys thought I would share my latest items! This is a NVA medal group to a man called Heinz Lehmann. He was award the 5 years of faithful service in 1958. The 10 years medals in 1963, 15

?

Default NVA medal grouping

hey Guys thought I would share my latest items!

This is a NVA medal group to a man called Heinz Lehmann. He was award the 5 years of faithful service in 1958. The 10 years medals in 1963, 15 years in 1968 and finally in 1973 the 20 years service medals according to the Urkunde.
    For each of these years he went from Leutnant -> Hauptmann -> Major -> OberstLeutnant.

Assuming he joined in 1953 this means he would have been in the KVP? And possible a WW2 veteran perhaps?

The medals are all of the early type. The glass enamel on the 20 year medal and the silver 900 hallmark on the 10 year medal support that.

Not much else I can add so if you guys think I missed out something then please add on!

Overall this makes for a really nice display. Will definitely focus on getting Urkunde with my medals for the future!

NVA medal groupingNVA medal groupingNVA medal groupingNVA medal groupingNVA medal groupingNVA medal groupingNVA medal groupingNVA medal grouping

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA medal grouping
    P
    Many

A very nice grouping John, and congratulations on obtaining them!

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Thanks Steve

Real shame it’s sorta impossible to research this man

Hi John,

I thought that you might find these images interesting... the first image is of my KVP Urkunde which is from 1954.

NVA medal grouping

Now compare Bock's Urkunde to yours which I have illustrated below, you will notice that although the design of the Urkunde and the medal has changed, the illustration shows exactly the same ribbon as that for the KVP medal.

NVA medal grouping

Then we come to the last version where the medal ribbon has finally changed to the type which lasted to the end of the DDR era. Note also the change in the wording of the Urkunde.

NVA medal grouping

?

Thanks Steve!

So is it likely Heinz Lehman had his medals replaced by
    Newer types for the creation of his medal bar?

Since I noticed his 5 year medal has a state emblem. But when it was awarded it shouldn’t of had one.

This was possibly a transitional period when the medals without staatswappen were replaced with medals displaying the staatswappen, but the older style NVA Urkunde without staatswappen were still being used up. Bare in mind that this is only my theory, and I do not mean to give the impression that I am correct! I do not think that he would have had his medals replaced though, what he has are what he was presented with.