Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NVA Reservists Medal

Article about: Was poking around an Antique store store today and found some interesting things. I've never seen NVA medals before, and the price after the winter discount was worth it (20% off everything

Default NVA Reservists Medal

Was poking around an Antique store store today and found some interesting things. I've never seen NVA medals before, and the price after the winter discount was worth it (20% off everything in the store, prices go back to normal in the spring, when people start shopping more I guess) I have a few other NVA items, helmet, LBE and pack.

NVA Reservists Medal
    NVA Reservists Medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA Reservists Medal
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NVA Reservists Medal

Very nice looking Reservist Medal. In what appears to be bronze?

Thank you Yes it's in bronze, it has a shiny, coppery color that didn't quite come out in the pics. This is the first of any NVA medals I've seen, so all new to me. Kind of like starting all over again.

?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    Thank you Yes it's in bronze, it has a shiny, coppery color that didn't quite come out in the pics. This is the first of any NVA medals I've seen, so all new to me. Kind of like starting all over again.
    At first I thought it might be gold by the picture, but the more I looked at it I thought bronze.

Be careful because one DDr medal leads to another then another then..........!

Give them an honest try, I think you will find you like them.

Mike

25th Infantry Division 1981-84

ah, yes, I'm finding that out about all the medals, I tell myself I just need a couple and then I get to looking at others and it takes off from there. These don't seem to be in as high demand as so many others, so they should be safer, no fakes or counterfeits to worry about. I'll have to start looking around for these now lol

Very nice medal from an underestimated era of collecting

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I agree entirely, when i visit Berlin there are flea markets jam packed full of DDR medals and awards which cost peanuts, yet i always ignore them in the hope of finding a TR item, on my next visit i'll be buying some.
    Very nice medal by the way!...

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I am sure NVA will be very collectible in the future.

Regards, Lars

DDR militaria is going threw the early stages of its collecting life, just remember that the fall of communism and the reunification only happened some 23 years ago. The Third Reich ended some 68 years ago. Although the DDR was not as notable as the Third Reich it will grow to be a popular collecting field in the coming years.
    Morris

?

I absolutely agree. It's of course always difficult to predict how fast or slow this field will develop. It's anyway now and the next "few" years one have to buy DDR items. Collectors bought helmets, SS items etc for very little money, even in the 60's and 70's.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast