Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Show us your NVA items!

Article about: Quickly took Fritzy out side while Wifey is setting up the Xmas lights

This is my 1979 East German helmet with camouflage ties in it. Thought all you guys might find this interesting as I for one have never seen another East German helmet with camo ties in it.

Show us your NVA items!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show us your NVA items!
    P
    Many

Looks great Panzersaurus

Got the pack on - just waiting on the E tool,
    Couple more shots It's nice to play with a life sized Action Man
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-25-2013 at 02:53 AM. Reason: added pics and text

Hi René, looks like you are having fun.

I have toyed with collecting DDR in the past. Especially when I visited the former East last year. But space issues precludes me taking it up. So I enjoy seeing all the kit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade.
    Here's a E tool cover that arrived today

And a base ball type cap

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    strichtarn was originally used by the Polish and quickly discontinued when the DDR adopted it!
    here is some info:

Although unquestionably influenced by WW2 German camouflage designs such as Splittermuster (splinter pattern) and Sumpfmuster (marsh pattern), it was Poland that fielded the first design that has come to be known as "rain" pattern. This design series is known officially as the wz58 Deszczyk (raindrop). Distinguished from the WW2 designs by the simplicity of incorporating only densely concentrated lines or "rain straits" over a solid-colored field, the design actually has limited functionality as camouflage and from a distance probably serves no greater purpose than would a solid-colored uniform. Nevertheless, several other countries in the Warsaw Pact developed their own versions of the rain pattern, (most notably East Germany), and a number of insurgent movements are known to have utilized the patterns over the years. The original Polish design is a heavy pattern of dark brown rain straits on a brownish-green or blue-grey background (two variants are documented, often referred to as "brown" and "grey" variations). Although the rain straits are generally thinner than those found in patterns from other Warsaw Pact nations, some versions with thick rain straits have also been documented.

As for camo effectiveness I don't really care for that because British DPM is my favorite! I'm liking this junk more because it is from a now non existing force and one that is not heavily faked, it's a real joy to collect-- even though it is filling up space from my relatively vast WW2 junk pile

ive said this before and ill say it again ,fritz looks great rené , and the boots have come on superb ,i know what you mean though they are too nice to have hidden, the bloused parade look is much smarter ,nice selection of caps displayed too ,i like seeing items having a turn on a display , the m56 hanging off the belt displays well ,my only other strichtarn camo helmet is my czech model 53 but has more of a green base colour ,still an interesting pattern though ,keep up the great work ,i look forward to more ,cheers james

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers Ade.
    Here's a E tool cover that arrived today
    René your cover got me thinking ,my e tool cover is in the utv pattern ,so ive ordered a 70's/80's version like yours ,here's what mine looks like at the momentShow us your NVA items!Show us your NVA items!

Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast