Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast

Show us your NVA items!

Article about: Quickly took Fritzy out side while Wifey is setting up the Xmas lights

Looks good mate, who's he shooting at?.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show us your NVA items!
    P
    Many

Looks fantastic James I love the way you can change him around

Hey James, I went out on a limb and opened up the NBC suit not too difficult to roll back up! just remember how the two pieces are stacked on the first roll out. A little stinky/smelly doing this though worth taking a looksy. And bugger mine's a monster size!!!

many thanks rené it was a good oportunity once i dismantled the display to iron out a few things that were bugging me ,paul i took the whole display off the solid wooden shape former so i could use it for a new work in progress but i think the wooden pegged jackboots have betrayed what it is though ,for this new nva frontal pose i simply filled one of those throw away paper bolier suits ,you know the type you use for painting and decorating ,taped up the ends and filled with rags ,hans is very supple now and can be moved into pretty much any shape ,before you say anything im a happily married man ,i can even do a run over by a tank look im glad you opened the chem suit ,im might just do the very same as the suit pack you might notice had to come off the display ,it was just to awkward to fit back in this frontal position ,the helmet wedged up badly and also the weight of the thing crushed every thing downward so ive placed underneath to raise his shoulders ,at least i know its still part of the display

Few more - A Transport police side cap 1990 mfg and some earlier type pack/utility straps

Quote by James C View Post
    as ive recently dismantled my nva display to move and display in a different pose i decided while in its composite form to add the collar liner ,properly tie in the shoulder boards ,i just could'nt do this while in position ,firstly i noticed René's entrenching tool bakelite locking ring had a real nice colouration ,i couldnt notice it on mine untill now and with using the flash ,secondly ive noticed under the arms of the tunic there are 4 grommit holes ,im wondering if this is where the dosimeter's are fixed in as ive heard they go under the arm pit area,the new frontal pose shows off all the equiptment to its best i feel ,Attachment 647111Attachment 647106Attachment 647107Attachment 647108Attachment 647109Attachment 647110Attachment 647112Attachment 647113Attachment 647114
    dosimeter - I'm guessing they where tied in top to bottom?

thanks for that René i thought id heard the dosimeters were fixed around that areanice pickups by the way ,those utility straps will come in very handy for any extra kit you might want to add to fritz

Here's me thinking they were just armpit vents!...

i thought this myself too paul, i wonder when the dosimeters were first introduced ,im guessing mid 1960's my tunic is a late 60's and had these 4x mounting holes

Very little info out there James, from what i can make out the RDC III D dosimeter was introduced in the late 70s/early 80s at a guess, the instruction manual? is dated 1981 Gamma-Neutronen-Dosimeter RDC III D
    I'm sure there must have been earlier versions!...

Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast