Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Show us your NVA items!

Article about: Quickly took Fritzy out side while Wifey is setting up the Xmas lights

?

here's a 1990 (probably one of the very last) NVA march...check the police officer in the fore-ground...maybe it helps with the shoulder boards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdF3x9NWBes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Rene, I have been digging around but due to moving house, I can not find the Reference book that I was looking for with all the East and West German Police insignia. However, two books which I have found brilliant for ID'ing EG insignia and which can be purchased both in bound format and on a DVD are:

Uniformeffecten der bewaffneten Organe der DDR Spezialkatalog Band I Ministerium des Innern 1949 - 1990
    Ditto Band II Ministerium fur Nationale Verteidigung 1956 - 1990 ----------- Ministerium fur Staatssicherheit 1957 - 1989.

Both books by KLAUS WALTHER ISBN 3-928948-07-5 (for Band II)

Both are very well worth buying if you do not have them already.

Cheers Michael R

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Rene, May I respectfully suggest that the shoulder boards which you have shown are WG rather than EG? I could be wrong but I beleive them to be fairly early WG Police.
    Cheers MR
    That's a check on the boards and a BIG THANK YOU on that

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Rene, I have been digging around but due to moving house, I can not find the Reference book that I was looking for with all the East and West German Police insignia. However, two books which I have found brilliant for ID'ing EG insignia and which can be purchased both in bound format and on a DVD are:

Uniformeffecten der bewaffneten Organe der DDR Spezialkatalog Band I Ministerium des Innern 1949 - 1990
    Ditto Band II Ministerium fur Nationale Verteidigung 1956 - 1990 ----------- Ministerium fur Staatssicherheit 1957 - 1989.

Both books by KLAUS WALTHER ISBN 3-928948-07-5 (for Band II)

Both are very well worth buying if you do not have them already.

Cheers Michael R
    I'll have to look into these as I've amassed a pile into this subject!!!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Got the cap complete! and I received a factory police shirt today - I think is will be a mission and a half to find the correct shoulder boards though!
    Even though NVA (not MdI) is my "field of knowledge", I'm fairly certain this combination on the VoPo-cap is not regulatory. It's a cockade for officers combined with the chinstrap for EM/NCO. Either use a silver cord/strap for officers with the current cockade - or switch the cockade for an EM/NCO one

As for the boards: I believe there were plans made by the DDR to indeed use this sort of shoulderboards (as you showed) around 1990-ish. However, they were never truly used. Depending on what way you go with your cap, VoPo-shoulderboards shouldn't be that hard to find.

For reference purposes, this site shows all VoPo-boards (and you can also see the 1990-model shown there):
    intro

?

Nice to see you here Jan!

Quote by Jan Klaassen View Post
    Even though NVA (not MdI) is my "field of knowledge", I'm fairly certain this combination on the VoPo-cap is not regulatory. It's a cockade for officers combined with the chinstrap for EM/NCO. Either use a silver cord/strap for officers with the current cockade - or switch the cockade for an EM/NCO one

As for the boards: I believe there were plans made by the DDR to indeed use this sort of shoulderboards (as you showed) around 1990-ish. However, they were never truly used. Depending on what way you go with your cap, VoPo-shoulderboards shouldn't be that hard to find.
    Thank You kindly Jan, very helpful info & link. Going by the shadow the cap had, the cockade is correct to the cap. I prefer Other ranks so I'll leave it as is non regulation (plus I like the green cord). I'll fit the shirt with a corporal boards with 2 yr stripes.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-29-2014 at 03:44 AM. Reason: added pic & text

In the NVA, senior NCO's were permitted to wear the officers cockade combined with the EM/NCO-chinstrap - I did not know that happened in the VoPo, too (but your picture shows it was indeed done).

Thanks!

?

here is a nice comment from a BW veteran:

" The NVA was better dressed and trained than the German Bundeswehr and we respected their combat readiness very much ! They march like in the 'good old Prussian days' "