Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Volkspolizei Riot Helmet

Article about: Recent German EBay pick up. Probably one of the coolest helmets in my collection. Not sure of the exact size but it fits me (quite comfortable to wear imo). There is no obvious date but if I

?

Default Volkspolizei Riot Helmet

Recent German EBay pick up.

Probably one of the coolest helmets in my collection. Not sure of the exact size but it fits me (quite comfortable to wear imo). There is no obvious date but if I had to guess probably 70s/80s

I really like this VoPo decal. Really adds a nice bit of colour to the shelf. As you can see by the photos the visor is removable. Then it looks a lot like the motorbike helmet they used.

I can’t add too much else. I have bought a East German riot shield to compliment this helmet so keep an eye out!

Thanks for having a look guys!

Volkspolizei Riot Helmet
    Volkspolizei Riot Helmet
    Volkspolizei Riot Helmet
    Volkspolizei Riot Helmet
    Volkspolizei Riot Helmet
    Volkspolizei Riot Helmet
    Volkspolizei Riot Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkspolizei Riot Helmet
    P
    Many

An excellent find! Looks even cooler than the picture I had in my head. A nice addition to your DDR militaria collection, and not something you see all that often.

Regards, B.B.

A nice helmet... at this rate you will soon be in need of more shell cases to stand them on!

It is a nice one, good score!

Ideal to wear when out shopping at the moment..

Volkspolizei Riot Helmet
    Really nice find, i wouldn't mind one myself. I reckon you are right about the 70s/80 date.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Ideal to wear when out shopping at the moment..
    Just need a truncheon and that’s the Tesco shopping trip kit complete!

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Volkspolizei Riot Helmet
    Really nice find, i wouldn't mind one myself. I reckon you are right about the 70s/80 date.
    Thanks for adding that photo. Aside from the helmets I noticed the tall guy in that photo. He is probably wishing he got a bigger riot shield!

Superb helmet! I love the sticker!!!! I was looking for such an helmet to complet my own set but I have only seen helmets in salty condition. "Bravo" as we say in France.

Guy

I wonder how many people dared to go rioting in 1970's East Germany? Not a passtime for the bored, the woke, or the climate change activists unless they fancied eating prison food through broken teeth.

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    I wonder how many people dared to go rioting in 1970's East Germany? Not a passtime for the bored, the woke, or the climate change activists unless they fancied eating prison food through broken teeth.
    Whenever there’s authoritarianism, there will be people brave enough to stand up to it. It wasn’t unique to East Germany. Think of Tiananmen Square. The CCP was (and still is, in my opinion) a far toothier monster than the government of the DDR, and yet we have images like ‘Tank Man’ to show for people’s bravery in the face of great evil. When you’re in the midst of something like that, I don’t think you consider the personal price you might pay for your rebellion. You think only of the greater good.

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast