Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello! Newer to collecting militaria

Article about: Hello, I’m fairly new to collecting militaria, but have collected other things for many years. I started out with coins and moved to cameras. I have put the cameras aside for now as I can’t

Default Hello! Newer to collecting militaria

Hello,

I’m fairly new to collecting militaria, but have collected other things for many years. I started out with coins and moved to cameras. I have put the cameras aside for now as I can’t find something I don’t have or someone has jacked the price up real high. Cameras are also harder to sell. I recently started full time collecting militaria. My knowledge on this stuff is pretty low, but I’m learning! My Third Reich collection is pretty small as it only contains a London newspaper with headlines with reports of Hitler firing generals and his assassination attempt at Wolf’s Lair, stamps, Reichsmarks and Pfennigs, a Mutterkreuz 2nd Class, and what I thought was an M38 gas mask and canister which turned out to be DAGSA Spanish copy for the Spanish Civil War. My American collection is pretty low also. I still pick up WWII items when I can, but I primarily focus on the DDR. I’m only lacking a few more things for the basic field uniform.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello! Newer to collecting militaria
    P
    Many

Welcome to the team. Looking forward to seeing your collection. There are many like minded collectors here. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. The best thing that you can do prior to purchasing something is to get it vetted here in order to save you from a costly mistake... Again welcome..

Smitty

Thanks for the welcome. I plan to use this forum a lot. Here’s some pictures of the newspaper if anyone is interested as it seems they are fairly hard to find/preserve. It appears I can’t post them yet. I will post them here or if there is another forum that better suits it once I’m able to.

Here they are.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello! Newer to collecting militaria   Hello! Newer to collecting militaria