Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Hi there

Article about: Logged onto this forum after finding an amazing picture on line of an instrument I have in my possession. It would appear to be an inclinometer. It belonged to my father and is from the firs

Default Hi there

Logged onto this forum after finding an amazing picture on line of an instrument I have in my possession. It would appear to be an inclinometer. It belonged to my father and is from the first world war. How or why he had it I don't know. With time on my hands I thought I'd research it.

My father was in the TA before WW2 but was not allowed to join up when war broke out due to having had TB as a child. I only found this out a year before he died, and quite by coincidence discovered he was in the same corps as I joined as a TA! He never approved of me joining the army. After the war he was a surveyor, and it might well have had an application in his work there.

Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi there
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Martin,

Looking forward to seeing this item.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello Martin,
    Welcome to the forum.
    What makes you think the inclinometer is for military use?
    Does it have a designation plate or marked with a model number?

Looking forward to seeing it.

Semper Fi
    Phil