Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

I'd like to identify a louis perlmann knife

Article about: I've inherited this knife from my uncle, in mostly good condition, but due to the previous owner's demise (natural causes!) I cant ask him. During the war he was in Canada so have no idea ho

Default I'd like to identify a louis perlmann knife

I've inherited this knife from my uncle, in mostly good condition, but due to the previous owner's demise (natural causes!) I cant ask him.
    During the war he was in Canada so have no idea how he got a german blade.I'd like to identify a louis perlmann knifeI'd like to identify a louis perlmann knifeI'd like to identify a louis perlmann knife
    It's about 13" long with an 8" double edged blade, in a leather scabbard, and has a louper stamp and "flamme" mark.
    The blade is double hollow gound, fullered and has a swage point.
    The handle has finger grooves and appears to be a hard plastic, almost black and has a couple of chips.
    The quillon curves towards the point one one side and away on the other.
    If anyone can tell me more about it I'd be very grateful.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'd like to identify a louis perlmann knife
    P
    Many

Welcome!
    It looks to me like a post war piece built around a bayonet blade.
    The sheath is definitely post war but the blade and guard appear to be war time, or earlier, to me.
    Germany exported many edged weapons to many countries before, and after, the war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You think the handle is not original? I'd kind of go along with that, it doesn't look appropriate for a stabbing weapon. More like a carving knife or paper knife. But then why a sheath? What kind of handle would it have had?

The handle could very well be original, I just think it was manufactured shortly after the war.
    You could always start a thread in the edged weapons section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)