Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Introduction from Australian collector

Article about: Hi Everyone, Per the board requirements this is my first post to introduce myself. I've been casually collecting WWI & WWII memorabilia for a few years. Up until this point it's been tuc

?

Default Introduction from Australian collector

Hi Everyone,

Per the board requirements this is my first post to introduce myself.

I've been casually collecting WWI & WWII memorabilia for a few years. Up until this point it's been tucked away in a box, but I'm now looking to display some of these items.

As a casual collector, I don't know the specifics on most of these items and would like to share my items to gain information on them, and also an understanding of their value so I can make sure they're properly insured.

Look forward to sharing, discussing, and learning from you all.

JL.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Introduction from Australian collector
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum! You'll definitely get some answers for questions you've got. Can't wait to see your collection, too!

MAP
    ?

JL,

Welcome to WRF. We are happy to help you authenticate and identify what you have.

But as a general rule, we to not provide valuations. We recommend that once an item is identified and authenticated, you look around at dealer websites to get an idea of retail pricing.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks very much.

So what is the process from here? Do I have to await for an "approval notification" or the like?

MAP
    ?

Quote by JL81 View Post
    Thanks very much.

So what is the process from here? Do I have to await for an "approval notification" or the like?
    I think you are all set to go.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I notice on the main page it still says "approve me" before the title of my post.

Am I expected to post my items here, or do I need to do it in the "share collection" forum? I have items from different wars and nations. I don't have to break it all up and post each thing in each corresponding forum do I?

Welcome to the forum! You will have a lot of fun here and probably learn a great deal too.

Whether you want to discuss an item regarding opinions / authenticity / origin etc or just want to show it you will need to post each item separately and in the correct area of the forum.
    This is required so that;

1. Anyone looking to find say an Adrian helmet thread does not have to trawl through loads of stuff about horse blankets etc that do not interest them which causes confusion when someone tries to find info on a certain type of item. Remember the forum is very much concerned with the ability seek out reference material.

2. Anyone only interested in helmets and nothing else (not me - I like it all!!!) has the option to look at only helmets!

3. If you are seeking information about a helmet you will get the attention of the helmet afficionados!

Sometimes you will see posts along the lines of "My collection of ......" and these are OK in moderation but will only attract very general responses and these are often geared towards staring a discussion on a particular type of item.

This system of operating is a good one and is a model used by all the best forums whatever there subject material be that paraffin lamps or as I say horse blankets (other types of collectible are available)

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."