Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mr Christopher Adams reporting

Article about: Good afternoon everyone! My name is Chris and I live in the United Kingdom. I actually live in a seaside town called Herne Bay which is only twenty miles from Dover which are both in the cou

Smile Mr Christopher Adams reporting

Good afternoon everyone!

My name is Chris and I live in the United Kingdom.

I actually live in a seaside town called Herne Bay which is only twenty miles from Dover which are both in the county of Kent. And only sixty miles from London. Dover was of course home to Operation Dynamo & the evacuation of Dunkirk. Dover was also for some time a central hub for the Allied generals to meet and discuss future operations.

Living in Kent which is in the South East of England means I am lucky enough to have a very rich WW2 history envelope me. This very small part of the world saw a lot of the action! Most towns and villages have a story to tell or a monument or museum to visit. I will share some history with photos from time to time if permitted.

I'm thirty-five now and have always had a fascination with WW2 primarily. A real close bond that is almost indescribable. Almost like I was there. I guess that's a feeling some of you other folks feel too.

Now I am older and my children are too finally I am in the position to start collecting some militaria. I'm mainly in to German cloth. My collection is still quite small but I have some quality items. I definitely prefer quality over quantity. My combat worn Panzer tabs in pink piping are probably my favourite item at the moment. I intend on buying a SS tab next. I have my eyes on a couple but before I take the plunge I will be asking you all for your advice first.

Anyway, It would be a real honour to start my journey in the company of you all.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Chris Adams

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mr Christopher Adams reporting
    P
    Many

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. I hope we can help you, and we look forward to seeing some of your items.

MAP
    ?

Welcome Chris.

The collecting is fun but the history behind the items is what is really interesting
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sincerely welcome. Of course all of us love History.

You have made a good choice joining this forum Chris ...welcome

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Welcome, Chris. I'm sure you'll find a lot of information and have a lot of people assist you in your trip.. I'm definitely interested in seeing the collection you got so far. Too bad my brain when I started collecting was "grab anything and everything" because now I am overwhelmed with random bits and bobs.. Definitely quality over quantity.

Welcome to the forum and great name!

Thumbs up

Thanks

Hi there Chris! Hoping you start posting some items soon. Good luck in your efforts. And I must commend you for holding off until the family situation was in good shape. Some collectors put their family finances in peril while hunting the next great item. Finding the balance is necessary and it sounds like you are on the right path. Cheers, Neil

Are the Maunsell Forts still standing?
    I imagine that I am not the only one who is reminded of other things.... ¿similar?

Welcome again. Eager to see your collectibles

Best regards.
    Santi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast