Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New collector hoping to learn and get a little help with authentication

Article about: I'm Ultor870 (aka Brandon) and I am a new collector in northeastern Arkansas, U.S.A. I'm 35 and a disabled Army veteran. I was an Army Medic for a few years and a nurse. Before the military,

Default New collector hoping to learn and get a little help with authentication

I'm Ultor870 (aka Brandon) and I am a new collector in northeastern Arkansas, U.S.A. I'm 35 and a disabled Army veteran. I was an Army Medic for a few years and a nurse. Before the military, I got a Bachelor's degree in History from Arkansas State University. I've got 2 kids aged 10 and 7 an ex-wife and a soon-to-be-wife.

I've always had an interest in military and war memorabilia, but have only recently begun collecting. I am mostly interested in Third Reich memorabilia and especially Hitler Youth and Jungvolk items. My entire collection currently consists of one regular NSDAP armband, one Third Reich coin and a Hitler Youth pin that is unfortunately a reproduction.

I would very much like to build my collection, but am weary of fakes since there are so many and I've found that the Hitler Youth knives and Deutsche Jungvolk and Hitler Youth pins are some of the most faked WWII items there are. Hopefully, someone here will be able to help e authenticate a few items and educate me enough that I can begin authenticating them on my own.

I very much look forward to being able to post here and learn a few things from those with much more knowledge of the field than myself.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector hoping to learn and get a little help with authentication
    P
    Many

?

hello i know there are a lot of super people here on the forum who can help you in your search and your questions. just learn a few rules that are common in normal life and I think everyone will be happy to help. I hope you will succeed with your collection in the future. Regards, Michal

Welcome aboard Brandon.

Mart

Welcome Brandon, and thank you for your service.

Welcome to the forum, Thank you for your service..

Take a look at our new reference library section and you will find some great reference books on the Hitler Youth that will help you along in your collecting.. But also ask questions here and post your items here prior to purchasing so we can vet them for you..

Happy collecting

Smitty

?

Hello Brandon,
    Thank you for your service. Wish you good luck with the second wife. Mine worked out perfectly!!!!

You should be able to find or ask about any of your future purchases here and feel confident in the answers.

Take Care
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Thank you for your service..

Take a look at our new reference library section and you will find some great reference books on the Hitler Youth that will help you along in your collecting.. But also ask questions here and post your items here prior to purchasing so we can vet them for you..

Happy collecting

Smitty
    I've got a couple of things I'm looking at purchasing and would like to get some opinions as to their authenticity. I just made a thread about one of them, but can't figure out how to post a couple of pictures I have saved on that post. Any advice on that?

In the mean time, what I'm looking at is a circular pin that says "Sieg Heil" in white lettering surrounded by red. In the center is a white background with the black SS insignia. On the bottom is a set of green oak leaves.
    The back is a screw back that has a Reichsadler above and a circled RZM followed by 215/41 then the SS.

When clicking the "Insert image" button on the awards forum, I am only given the choice to add from a URL and not from my computer. There is nothing that says, "browse" like there is here.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this pin is a fake.
    These and many other items are being reproduced out of Poland, and include far too many, and incorrect, markings on the reverse.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this pin is a fake.
    These and many other items are being reproduced out of Poland, and include far too many, and incorrect, markings on the reverse.
    Ralph.
    I was afraid of that, but thank you for letting me know!

Would you happen to know anything about this one? It has no markings at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast