Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Member and a

Article about: Hello fellow collectors! I have been a collector of military items from my region for 40 years. I particularly focus on the Austro-Hungarian army of World War I and the badges and decoration

Default New Member and a

Hello fellow collectors!

I have been a collector of military items from my region for 40 years. I particularly focus on the Austro-Hungarian army of World War I and the badges and decorations of World War II Germany.
    I'm a bit older and just recently started trying my hands at forums. While I don't post often, I enjoy staying informed. About five years ago, I went through my collection and eliminated from my collection a few reproductions that I had unfortunately acquired. These fakes, which made up about 5% of my collection, were a mix of postwar souvenirs sold to GI's and some regrettable purchases. But hey, that's life! The good news is that I still have a great selection of authentic items. I responsibly sold the reproductions to reenactors at a fair price, keeping only a very few high-quality copies.

I'm hoping to join your forum. I'm interested in learning more about badges and decorations, and I believe this community could be a great resource.

Regards!
    Last edited by Doberdob; 04-26-2024 at 06:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Member and a
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum! Many great people and resources on this site

Welcome to the forum Doberdob!

Sounds like you’ve had a really interesting collecting history and I’m sure have seen some changes over the years. I think we can all relate to picking up some dud items over the years - I know I can. Looking forwards to seeing some of your collection if you choose to post.

Enjoy the forum!
    Andy

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,

Will.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum! I recently decided to start posting some of my collection as well. My collection isn't massive, just one room in my house. With so many good fakes out there lately, I can't solely rely on my knowledge and reference books anymore. This is especially true for Bandenkampfabzeichen - fakes seem to be particularly prevalent for those. The one I have came from a reliable source a while back, but these days you just can't be too careful.

Regards!