Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NEW MEMBER seeking help with "stuff"

Article about: Hello, my name is C. J Fromm.. i am the great grand daughter of a person who worked in Berlin in the Reich Chancellery. My grand father was a civilian pilot .later Flew in and out of Staling

Default NEW MEMBER seeking help with "stuff"

Hello, my name is C. J Fromm.. i am the great grand daughter of a person who worked in Berlin in the Reich Chancellery.
    My grand father was a civilian pilot .later Flew in and out of Stalingrad air lift... My father was at school ,at 13 was told to leave school and train as a 'flak ' gunner... later in April 45 he was sent to berlin and awarded the iron cross 2 nd class.. had birthday dinner with 'the boss'.. there is famous photo of him and other HY 'boys' standing in Reich Chancellery gardens...
    During dinner/linch he stole a pile of biscuits.. and wrapped them in a serviette and stole knife,folk and spoon from table.
    ----------------- After the death of father last nov 1918. I was given a old suit case, i had seen it before in grand fathers green house in Stamford....It is full of ALL SORTS of stuff.. a spoon with eagles stamped on it.a cloth serviette with AH sewn into it???
    . a flag , which family told me was flown on the Reich Chancellery before bombed..( very big!) a lot of comics and magazines.( der alder is a lot of them ?/---the eagle )..a few books with stick in pictures..some "tinns" and two old envelopes with medals in... the only one i know is the iron cross and the pilots badge ( round with a eagle in the middle.)..
    I ask,hope that someone will look at photos, if allowed. and tell me what they are.. some are from the first war... I need someone who has no financial intrest.. I want to get insured , NOT SELL,, as are family history.. An honest assessment ..Or should just pack it all away, and hide under the bed..Was thinking of donating to Museum... ?
    I promise there is no financial Gain from this... just expert advice.. and i was recommended here as a lot of people use this.
    thank you all in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEW MEMBER  seeking help with "stuff"
    P
    Many

?

Do NOT donate it to a museum. Museums are free to sell donated items to fund their operations (buy stuff, pay power bill, etc). If you want a museum to have it, then LOAN it, they cannot sell anything you lend them. Make sure you read the agreement carefully before you sign if you choose to go that route.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Please feel free to post them in the appropriate sections of the forum and we will do our best to help you to determine what you have.
    We do not do evaluations so, you might have to look elsewhere for values.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum! Seems you have a lot of interesting family items AND an interesting family history, which when I read it, is rather incredible. Never donate to a museum, EVER!

?

Welcome Togthedog,
    Your items and photographs will be enjoyed and verified here by many.
    I'm glad to her you are interested in the history behind them and not the financial gain, Many come here for that exact reason and it disappoints many member to see family history sold.
    I look forward to seeing what you post
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Hello And thanks you all for all your advice.. i will get photos completed and scanned asap.... or my daughter will do it all on her phone?? when i see her .
    thanks again. chris

Thank you Ralph , some of the books are full of...interesting photos ,,from far back as 1930.. through to the 1940's the early 'stuff ' is interesting to history buffs..