Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Member - Zook

Article about: Hello - My name is Dan (nickname "zook") … I have been collecting militaria for over approaching 40 years (!!). I started out as a young boy collecting German Iron crosses and U.S.

?

Default New Member - Zook

Hello -
    My name is Dan (nickname "zook") …
    I have been collecting militaria for over approaching 40 years (!!). I started out as a young boy collecting German Iron crosses and U.S. Civil War artifacts. Even though I grew up on a U.S. Civil War battlefield, my fascination remained with World War II.

I shifted my focus slightly … to Iron Crosses AND Soviet medals, once the cold war came to a close. However, over time both those categories have become very $$$$ and flooded with fakes. In the last few years, I have shifted focus to Japanese militaria, with a focus on IJA/IJN swords. I started with the type 95 NCO swords, because it allowed me to create a foundation of knowledge or baseline - otherwise Nihinto study can be a bit overwhelming to me

I joined this forum because some friends in other forums pointed me to topics in this forum that I may find of interest, and I sure did! I read mostly Japanese threads, but I also enjoy looking at neat artifacts and chatting about battlefields.

Thanks - Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Member - Zook
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

Welcome, Zook! Man, I bet you have an impressive collection. I look forward to seeing some of these treasures

Take care.

?

thanks for the welcome! ... I have a few unique pieces, I look forward to sharing them in the near term!

Welcome to the forum! I'm interested to see the collection you have amassed so far.. Especially any Civil War relics you've got!

Hello Dan.
    Here are some guys whose knowledge of Japanese swords are encyclopedic.
    It is certainly not my specialty, but I always enjoy seeing those beautiful objects that some of you collect from the Empire of the rising sun.
    It is a pleasure to greet and welcome you.

Santi