Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Article about: Greetings Fellow Earthlings! I recently found a dagger/bayonet when renovating a barn my sister purchased, just looking to find some more information about it really. from what i can find on

?

Default Newbie

Greetings Fellow Earthlings!
    I recently found a dagger/bayonet when renovating a barn my sister purchased, just looking to find some more information about it really.
    from what i can find online i believe it to be a ww1 german demag trench dagger/bayonet but i really am only going by what i read online.
    My sister doesn't want to keep it so if anyone knows more about it or how much it may be worth I would be very grateful indeed.
    Cheers, Rob.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newbie
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Rob.

We would be happy to help you out with authentication. I know somewhere there is a thread here on Demag trench knifes. Just couldn't find it. That said, until you post photos, you can use the search function in the top upper right hand side of every page. Type in Demag Trench Knife. Many examples are to be found.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is one thread.
    Demag Crank Handle Trench Knife/Bayonet
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Ralph, Thanks for the reply.
    I checked out the links and believe my knife to be a genuine example which i'm super happy about but sadly it belongs to my sister and she wants to sell it to fund her barn renovation.
    I will add pics very soon so everyone can give their opinion on its authenticity as i've read that they are often faked.
    The only downside to the knife as far as i can see is the scabbard is missing! Will this drastically effect the price or the collectability of the piece in your opinion?
    Cheers for now, Rob.

Quote by sl33py View Post
    Hi Ralph, Thanks for the reply.
    I checked out the links and believe my knife to be a genuine example which i'm super happy about but sadly it belongs to my sister and she wants to sell it to fund her barn renovation.
    I will add pics very soon so everyone can give their opinion on its authenticity as i've read that they are often faked.
    The only downside to the knife as far as i can see is the scabbard is missing! Will this drastically effect the price or the collectability of the piece in your opinion?
    Cheers for now, Rob.
    Hello Rob,
    The missing scabbard will effect the price, but not the collectability.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)