Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help pins fake or real?

Article about: Hi can anyone tell me what there opinion is on these pins? real or fake? thanks much appreciated.

Default Help pins fake or real?

Hi can anyone tell me what there opinion is on these pins? real or fake? thanks much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help pins fake or real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help pins fake or real?

Welcome to the Forum, and yes-they look fine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Welcome a second time. The eagle is the 1929 pattern national emblem worn on caps and kepis of the various political groups. It was outdated with a new pattern eagle in 1934. The enamel pin is a Nazi Party membership pin. Both are original and fairly common items.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks guys for the reply I am glad they are real! What would you value them at?

Quote by collectit View Post
    Thanks guys for the reply I am glad they are real! What would you value them at?
    Value is a very subjective area and something I never do on line. As these are common items, I would suggest you visit some of the dealer sites and I am sure you will find a wide range of prices. The NSDAP member pin has enamel damage so I would evaluate it at least 40% off dealer retail. A i PREVIOUSLY STATED, THESE ARE VERY COMMON ITEMS.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

As stated above both the items you have shown are nice original pieces. As to value I would say between £50-70 but this all depends on the dealer.

Thank you, Glen.

Thanks again guys for checking them out and thanks BOB for giving me some insight about the eagle. There are a few eagle variations out there but when I search for the pattern in 1929 like you said it totally matches up to mine front and back.

I guess my last question would be about the NSDAP party pin. There seems to be so many variations of those but I can't seem to find one exactly like mine. The GES. GESCH. is stacked up on top of the other on mine and every one I see has them layed out side by side in one line. Does it mean anything as far as what time in the war it came from or?