Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923

Article about: I recently obtained a small collection of German badges. Amongst them was the following award packed, in what I thought, was a small striped card jewellery box. I have since found an example

mjw
    ?

Default 1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923

I recently obtained a small collection of German badges. Amongst them was the following award packed, in what I thought, was a small striped card jewellery box. I have since found an example on a sister forum of this exact same carton which is stated to be the original box of issue for this award. Although the badge has suffered significant loss of enamel or paint (not sure which – or when it was done) I think it is still an interesting item – unless someone here thinks it to be a fake! I hope this is not the outcome as the greater loss to me would be the story that came with them!

Although the box is unremarkable, I will post an additional image when I can find the time.

Kind regards, Malcolm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923
    P
    Many

mjw
    ?

Reverse.

- - ------- - -

Detail
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923   1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923  

?

Hello, is the date raised or lost enamel ?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I thought this was on the forum at one time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923   1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923  

1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923   1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923  

1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923   1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923  

1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923  

?

The '9' on the one you have looks chunky and the '3' is deformed.. Is it the enamel ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923  
    Attached Images Attached Images 1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923 

?

There also is a protruding leaf and acorn not seen on the the other.. JMO of course
    Attached Images Attached Images 1923 Gau Abzeichen / NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923 

Quote by Gwar View Post
    There also is a protruding leaf and acorn not seen on the the other.. JMO of course
    The "3" is deformed as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ralph, see post #5 , also, what are your thoughts ?? You have more expertise on these than I do, and I was hoping you would chime in.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Ralph, see post #5 , also, what are your thoughts ?? You have more expertise on these than I do, and I was hoping you would chime in.
    Missed that, sorry.
    I really don't have an opinion on this badge as I do not really get involved in the political side of the awards or uniforms.
    I have a few of the basic ones like SA Sportsabzeichen and such, but that is about it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ok, perhaps others can help as well.. G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast