Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1933 Adolf Hitler Pin

Article about: I bought this pin at a military collectibles store at a flea market. I believe it is an original as it appears to be correct, and I trust the dealer as he is very knowledgeable in WW2 collec

Default 1933 Adolf Hitler Pin

I bought this pin at a military collectibles store at a flea market. I believe it is an original as it appears to be correct, and I trust the dealer as he is very knowledgeable in WW2 collectibles. The pin is marked "Ges. Gesch" on the bottom of the back of the pin, and the top is marked "RZM". I know there are different variations of this award, and I know very little about them. Does anyone know what type pin this is and what it was awarded for? Also I'm not quite sure what the markings on the back mean, but I'm assuming it pertains to the manufacturer. All I know is that it's a Nazi Party pin

1933 Adolf Hitler Pin1933 Adolf Hitler Pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 Adolf Hitler Pin
    P
    Many

"Ges.gesch." ["Gesetzlich geschützt"] means "protected by law" and "RZM" is the acronym for "Reichszeugmeisterei", but that doesn't matter:

It's a post-war fantasy badge.

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Welcome to the Forum. I am sorry that your pin is a fantasy item..3rd Reich collecting is a minefield and if possible, always post here before buying something. I hope you can return it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Well that ***** haha. Why are these pins believed the be fantasy items? I've heard that ones without the RZM at the top may be genuine, but the general consiensuous seems to be that they're all fake or fantasy.

With study, you will understand that the presence of the RZM logo must also be accompanied by the manufacturer's code number. There is no evidence of this pattern badge having ever existed in the period therefore that is why it is considered a fantasy piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I just wanted to post a quick update since there is so much controversy over this pin. I recently bought a book entirely dedicated to Nazi pins titled "N.S.D.A.P Enamel" by Michael F. Tucker. Although there is no definitive proof that this pin was an original RZM made item, Tucker states in his book that it is certainly a very well made piece as its made from bronze, has the correct enamel pebbling, the round pin plate, etc. While Tucker also admits there is no way as of now to 100% prove the pin is actually an original pin of the N.S.D.A.P it potentially could be. I've defiantly seen poor-quality fakes of this pin, as with almost every Nazi item, but perhaps its not the fantasy piece it's believed to be

Quote by chbingle View Post
    I just wanted to post a quick update since there is so much controversy over this pin. I recently bought a book entirely dedicated to Nazi pins titled "N.S.D.A.P Enamel" by Michael F. Tucker. Although there is no definitive proof that this pin was an original RZM made item, Tucker states in his book that it is certainly a very well made piece as its made from bronze, has the correct enamel pebbling, the round pin plate, etc. While Tucker also admits there is no way as of now to 100% prove the pin is actually an original pin of the N.S.D.A.P it potentially could be. I've defiantly seen poor-quality fakes of this pin, as with almost every Nazi item, but perhaps its not the fantasy piece it's believed to be
    And if original, it would certainly have been made after Hitler's rise to power in 1933 because of its RZM marking. Perhaps it was made in '35 or '36 to commemorate the Fuhrers rise to power.

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Your pin is 100% fake. I'm sorry, but having the RZM stamp and no corresponding code is definitive.

unless im mistaken, I believe some of the earliest RZM marked pins lacked a corresponding code. I'm not definitive on the pin's authenticity, but I don't think it should be considered 100% fake. From the few Nazi medals/pins experts I've spoken to, or read their book, they give the pin a chance of being authentic while being unable to definitively prove or disprove its authenticity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast