Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gruppe Niederlande der R.A.D sleeveshield

Article about: I have poasted this shield in the WAF site previously but will post it here with the question, has anyone seen another one of these shields or has one in their collection? I came about this

Default Gruppe Niederlande der R.A.D sleeveshield

I have poasted this shield in the WAF site previously but will post it here with the question, has anyone seen another one of these shields or has one in their collection? I came about this shield accentially and also fortuituosly I must say. It is a shield worn by Dutch labor force volunteered to the RAD. there were approx. 300 of these volunteers and they wore the shield on the left sleeve(see Littlejohn's For. leg. of 3rd reich vol. 2). They did see active service in the german rear in Russia and were armed due to partisan activity.

I was also wondering if there were other foreign labor volunteers such as Flandern that would have a similar shield with the name being central to the manufacture process.

Greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gruppe Niederlande der R.A.D sleeveshield  
    Attached Images Attached Images Gruppe Niederlande der R.A.D sleeveshield 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gruppe Niederlande der R.A.D sleeveshield
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gruppe Niederlande der R.A.D sleeveshield

Interesting, but I newer saw this type of shields.
    As known the RAD was take a part in Eastern front in active duty, served as the Wehrmacht units and take a part in a big battles.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Until I saw a photo of it being worn I did not know of such a shield either and I have handled a lot. With only 300 or so troops, it has to be one of the least encountered shields especially with them being in the East. a rare one to survive.

Greg

Hi Greg

I'am sorry but I've never seen one of these before. I think it's going to very hard to find another one to compare with since you said the Dutch RAD had only 300 members. Where did you get this one?

Greetz

Nick VR

The shield came from a midwest dealer who received it from Chuck Scaglioni(sp?) along with a lot of other sleeve shields seveal years ago. All of the shields were high end and right as rain as is this one. I do not know where chuck got the shields from so it's pedigree is lost. It is possible that they came from George Peterson as he had access to a lot of rare and exotic shields. It's possible with George's forey into the Eastern territories that this may have been in one of his many bundles.

Greg

?

Is the George Peterson is the lucky guy who has access to the ex-soviet museums and bought a very nice items from the museums in the time of the of 1980's????
    Regards,
    Dimas

Yep, that George Peterson.

Greg

?

One of the luckiest man's, but lost his chanse to get a more than he got,...
    Regards,
    Dimas

Yes, he burned a lot of bridges in the process of getting all of that neat stuff.

Greg

?

Sometimes you need just a ZIPPO, instead of burning the bridges, to be the lucky man....
    I've pay 18 USD to get a 17 Allgemeine SS tunics in 1993 year
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast