Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

2 Badges

Article about: Hi Everyone, I'm new here, and did quite a bit of reading through the forums which had similar items, but I'm still confused about these. With so many fakes around I was hoping if someone wo

?

Default 2 Badges

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, and did quite a bit of reading through the forums which had similar items, but I'm still confused about these. With so many fakes around I was hoping if someone would be kind enough to shed some light!

I've purchased these badges recently and with all the different information around, I don't know what to make of them!

Thanks in advance,

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Badges   2 Badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Badges
    P
    Many

the pair are east European fakes.

?

Thanks for the reply, how can you tell, do you have any links / information of what the real ones look like or?

The first one is a fantasy badge, it never existed. The second is a very poor copy of the Deutsche Kreuz in Gold. To learn more about the badge on the right, do a forum search for the German Cross in Gold (DKiG)

Here's mine.

2 Badges2 Badges

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    The first one is a fantasy badge, it never existed. To learn more about the badge on the right, do a forum search for the German Cross in Gold (DKiG)

Here's mine.

2 Badges2 Badges

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks so much!

Welcome to the forum pcioca! Are you going to start collecting?
    And if you ask nicely, Ned maybe are willing to trade his DKiG against your 2 badges.

?

I think I'm going to start collecting . I'm going to see if I can get my money back for these two though!!! Thanks for all the help everyone!

Quote by pcioca View Post
    I think I'm going to start collecting . I'm going to see if I can get my money back for these two though!!! Thanks for all the help everyone!
    Whoever sold these to you is totally clueless or an out and out thief. My guess is likely the second. Good luck at getting a refund. If the seller won't back up his merchandise, post his name on this thread so we know who the guy is.
    Welcome to the forum. You will find this to be the best source of genuine period examples of relics to study. In the future, as you are new to this, post pictures of contemplated purchases here before parti9ng with your hard earned cash.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by pcioca View Post
    Glad to hear that! And listen to Bob's advices