Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Arbeits Dank

Article about: Hi Friends. I have enamel RAD pin with ARBEITS DANK parole. What is a reason of its giving? For hard working, for membership or...? I don't know.

Default Arbeits Dank

Hi Friends.
    I have enamel RAD pin with ARBEITS DANK parole.
    What is a reason of its giving? For hard working, for membership or...? I don't know.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Arbeits Dank
    P
    Many

Default Re: Arbeits Dank

The Arbeitsdank (roughly "Labor Thanks") was set up by the RAD's forerunner, the FAD/NSAD, in November 1933 as a welfare body acting as a form of health insurance for all Labor Service members who had sustained injuries or illness related to their work.

It also assisted poorer Labor Service members with acquiring further education or job skills in order to gain employment after leaving the service.

All members of the FAD/NSAD and the later RAD were recquired to belong and financially contribute to this organization.

Your badge is probably simply the standard membership badge for this organization, although there was also a badge of honor (Ehrenabzeichen) of the same basic design, but with a base of silver-gilt and a generally more lustrous appearance. (The award criteria for this version are not known.)

(Source for this info: Angolia, "Labor Organizations of the Reich".)

SS Ring Man
    ?

spot on info and by the way a good book for the library

Thank you very much for many infos. You helped me a lot.

Friendly, Aleksandar