Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner

Article about: Hans Steiner was an early S A member who joined the S A in 1929. The 12mm. and 4 mm. tressed cuff stripes indicate his year of membership. Steiner was a recipient of the 2nd issue Blood Orde

Default Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner

Hans Steiner was an early S A member who joined the S A in 1929.
    The 12mm. and 4 mm. tressed cuff stripes indicate his year of membership. Steiner was a recipient of the 2nd issue Blood Order. This grouping I obtained from a well known collector and student of the period. He obtained the grouping from a dealer who was acting as a middle man for the family. The grouping included a brownshirt, a four pocket tunic, an officer's kepi, his ribbon bar, a traditional S A belt with box buckle, a claw buckle brown belt with cross strap and another claw buckle brown belt, three pictures of a S A funeral and an order from the offices of Standarte J44 to turn out for formation the weekend of 18 thru 20 August, 1944 and also describes the uniform of the day. Steiner was a Hauptsturmfuhrer of Jaeger Standarte 44, Gruppe Ostmark, stationed at Steyr, Austria
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner
    P
    Many

Default re: Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner

brownshirt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner   Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner  

Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner   Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner  

Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner   Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner  

BOB

tunic and kepi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner   Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner  

Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner  
    BOB

Thanks for posting this. A wonderful Montur as ever from the leading collection. The story of the Austrian Blutordenstraeger is an interesting one. The story of the SA and SS in Austria is also compelling and important, and such receives too little attention in the conventional collector lore.

All hail Bob Coleman's wonderful collection.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-25-2008 at 03:29 AM.

Once again a great item Bob. Named items just cannot be beat!

Indeed, the "Ostmark" branch of the NSDAP is an interesting subject matter.

A forum friend showed me his Grandfathers Party membership book when I visited him last month. It was a special "Old Fighters" pattern which I had never seen before.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner

Ade-
    I find identified pieces of far more interest than nameless items. I hope some day to obtain the man's Blood Order and medal brace to complete the set. There is a good chance Steiner survived the war as he was still active in the S A when the August, 1944 order was mailed to him. He is my next research project in the archives in Washington.
    BOB

Default Re: Uniforms of Hauptsturmfuhrer Hans Steiner