Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A friend's collection.

Article about: Thanks David but I'm far from an expert on these badges. Along with the 1929 RPT badges and the 31 SA Treffen badges, are the ones that I have done the most research on.

?

Default Re: A friend's collection.

Had another look at the helmet, it appears to be a slight camo under all that dirt , thats even better

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A friend's collection.
    P
    Many

Once again, nice items.

A good honest combat helmet. Looks like it once had a decal.

I like the DJ pennant very much.

The badges on it vary from Nazi womans association badges in enamel to NSDAP party membership badges (in the red enamel) and various political rally badges, known as "tinnies" to collectors in the USA.

Cheers, Ade.

A fantastic collection! There are some desirable items there for sure !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

wow, thanks for showing everything, it's all very nice, love that helmet, sorry I'm a German helmet freak. the whole collection is one the best I have seen to be collected by one person. thanks again it got my day going.
    regards Marty. oh yeah welcome to the forums.

Thank you gentlemen. The soldier that brought these back was not only a double purple heart recipient, but also won the bronze star for valor. Sounds like quite a man.

Here, sadly, are the last of the items. Some of them may not even be of German origin, but they were included in the box, and the only way to find out is to post them here. I'm glad everyone has enjoyed seeing the collection, and now I must start the task of getting price figures for the items. Thanks again for all your help and information.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A friend's collection.   A friend's collection.  

A friend's collection.   A friend's collection.  

Thanks again for posting these. The two small enamel crests are for the US 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Inf Division. I suspect that might have been his unit? It was one of the best US Divs of the war in my opinion. Audie Murphy fought with 3rd Inf Div of course.

The pistol belt and .45 auto holster are standard WW2 US issue but the flap of the holster has been cut away. The pistol however is a Soviet Tokarev TT33 7.62mm.

The cloth patch is a tourist item, the type of thing you buy to sew to a hiking jacket or rucksack.

The eagle we have covered before.

Heer (Army) cap wreath and cockade. (Shown upside down)

War Merit cross second class with swords, alas with broken suspension ring. This is why you have a ribbon for one of these adrift on it's own I guess.

NSDAP armband.

The two little badges showing the cooking ranges are not military to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for all the great information and advice Ade. I suspect that the holster / pistol might have been some kind of a pickup as well. The cut off upper portion might have been for easier, quicker access. A pistol is a nice thing to have, and even if a Soviet model, better than not having one at all.

Ok, last, but not least is this Luger. It's in pretty decent shape, but all numbers do not match. I believe two pieces are mismatched. It does have the small tool, and an extra magazine in the holster. The barrel is marked 1916. This I do presently have in my possession.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A friend's collection.   A friend's collection.  

A friend's collection.  

You are right about the flap: helps for a quick draw. The TT33 is a good solid relieable sidearm. It will be dated on the slide etc. They were a popular trophy with German soldiers and Americans too by the looks of it.

A Luger is always desirable no mattter what!

Cheers, Ade.

I'm not to a fan of the SS officers sleeve eagle. Appears to be a copy like so many snyders treasure fakes? From Snyders fake slection. Just my opinion.
    The highlighted areas are my concerned points. The top bullion is thiner close to the head then it thickens up towards the end. Both Top row bullions thread don't even up. The third row of bullion thread(left side) bullion thread end is curved downward. The right side is not (pointing upward). The black outline thread looks thick and eye is heaver outline. Black thread doesn't match over all wear. Here is another original eagle second one down

Attached Images Attached Images A friend's collection.  A friend's collection. 
    Last edited by SS gentleman; 12-15-2010 at 02:03 AM.

So is the image you supplied an example of Snyder's fake, or a real patch? Were they making these fakes during the war?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast