Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)

Article about: In Bali you see it e erywher, in banks, on temples and at the e trance to villages on carved wooden gates.

Default Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)

Hi, I'm not sure if I have posted this is in the correct area? Just something I am really curious about with something I photographed back in 2008, Mesh fence with a swastika? why would it have such a symbol? anyone know the name of what these specific fences are called or have any idea on what fence company made these fences with swastika? would be a GREAT help. I also uploaded the buildings surrounding this fence, theyre not anything to do with the war sorry but might still be relevant?

Also the other fence markings with E.T.

Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)

Hello mate, mistaken identity nothing more. These items were probably made in Asia / India where this symbol has been commonly used by these cultures long before the NAZI party. I got excited the first time i saw one of these in all honesty though !

all i can say is well spotted

Stylistically it looks very TR, I would have thought an Asian swastika would have some variation, though I can't see any other explanation. I certainly would not buy a front door from the same firm if it had that emblazoned on it!

?

That's a good way to have your fence vandalized! Strange find, good stuff!
    ~Dean

?

There is a company called the Swastik Trading Co in India that manufactures and supplies agricultural hardware which includes galvanized fencing materials........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

That could be it, Adrian.
    It would be interesting to see some other items from this company.

Surely manufactured pre-TR period............?
    Regards,

Steve.

Maybe it was imported from nazi germany during WW2? - Nick K

The swastika is an ancient symbol of good luck. As previously stated, it can be seen in many forms in India and Japan. It was used as a family crest by samurai family in the Southern island of Kyushu. I have seen numerous samurai armor bearing the swastika family crest. It can also be found in various forms in the West. I have seen it in floor tiles and terra cotta building material in early 20th century buildings. This mark on the fence would have no connection to the 3rd Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)Swastika on churchyard fence in Scotland? (help needed)Some from the USA.

ERIC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast