Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 armbands for view

Article about: Purchased these from widow of US vet - antiques dealer; I would talk with her husband at past shows but he passed away since last one. I am not sure what the one with the eagle is or what th

Default 3 armbands for view

Purchased these from widow of US vet - antiques dealer; I would talk with her husband at past shows but he passed away since last one. I am not sure what the one with the eagle is or what the stamp says. I was able to buy for much less than she had them priced though I may have paid more than should but wanted to keep them together. Any idea on values in US $? Is the one with eagle a common or rarer variety of armband? thanks, Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 armbands for view   3 armbands for view  

3 armbands for view   3 armbands for view  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 armbands for view
    P
    Many

Value is 50-75 each, on the lower end due to condition. I believe your stamp says police.

Add: If these came from a vet you knew, they are priceless. I hope you were able to obtain his story.

The armband with the eagle is a state service armband. It is rather common but still a very nice find; it is one which I still need to pickup for my own collection.

Thank you, Glen.

The two yellow based armbands are for wear by civilians working for the military and government in respective order. The third is a standard political cotton Bevo weave armband worn by various political and civic organizations. All are period original.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I would have been happy to pick all three of these up as well.
    Nice find.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice finds and well done .
    I would like to hear more about the stamp with belingen on it if someone know more.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 08-19-2013 at 06:09 AM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Great armbands. I still wish I did not sell my deutsche Wehrmacht one. I'm in the market for another.

I've had this one in my junk box for years as no-one could I.D. it or even say yay or nay
    Maybe it is state? but then there is the DW which I assume is Deutsche Wehrmacht?

or maybe I should just use it to plug a leaky tap?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 armbands for view   3 armbands for view  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

The red political one is BeVo made .
    Danmark, I've never seen your variation as of yet.
    As for the yellow 'Deutsche Wehrmacht ' armband, I believe I have seen non-civilians wear them before. I found this image when I was researching my TeNo stempel today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 armbands for view  
    Last edited by Dean; 08-20-2013 at 12:34 AM.

?

Also, this picture is from my personal collection. So I guess the idea that these were strictly worn by civilians may not necessarily be true , or at least not adhered to, anyway.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 armbands for view  
    Last edited by Dean; 08-19-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast