Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 x 1936 German Olympic badge

Article about: nead you help for price off the olympique medal one green . yellow and red here is a 1936 XI OLYMPIADE BERLIN Kampfricher (judges)Badge. As you can see from the photos the badge is in perfec

Default 3 x 1936 German Olympic badge

nead you help for price off the olympique medal
    one green . yellow and red

here is a 1936 XI OLYMPIADE BERLIN Kampfricher (judges)Badge.

As you can see from the photos the badge is in perfect condition. It measures 5 cm across and has wonderful enameling..green on the outside ( Event Designation?) and with multi-colored enameled olympic rings.

The back is marked GES.GESCH and has a triangle with lines within which are the intertwined letters BC.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge   3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge  

3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge   3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 3 x 1936 German Olympic badge

Hi Andrelus,
    I don't have a good feeling about your badges, I've just had three 1936 Olympic Badges similar to yours up for review on a GMIC forum. All three got knocked back as fantasy pieces, apparently the Olympic committee of the time, forbade the swastika symbol on any official badges and these types of well-made badges started coming out of Austria in the 1970's from a faker who past them off through coin collectors. Although it can be, these badges are up for sale on recognized dealers sites (two of mine were -Weitze, Hüsken) and included in Tieste's catalog, they are fantasy pieces. Also the finish on the reverse of yours seems to be rather rough.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge   3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge  

Sorry, these are indeed fantasy badges.

Cheers, Ade.

I must agree the Olympic Bell did not have a Swastika on in. Olease see scans of two offical postcards from the 36 Olympics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge  

I would agree that the concensus is that these are fantasy pieces. Never seen in wear in a period photograph, supposedly unissued, all too convenient.

I believe the official 1936 Olympic bronze bell does have a prominent swastika on it, post '45 it was partially denazified, it still sits outside the Olympic stadium. But I can understand why it wouldn't feature on postcards available to international visitors.

I have several other scans to show ,the first is the back of the Reichpost Telegram that was used at the games,and several more post cards.I have not heard that there was a swasiika on the bell ,unless of course they only photographed one side.I did find a example of the egale and olympic rings with the Swastika it came from the two volume set of The Olympic cigarette album.also from the same book I found a photo of the other side of the bell.Looks like the Brandenburg Gate.Hope this is intresting for every one.CHEERS. OPERAMAN

3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge  

Cool Re: 3 x 1936 German Olympic badge

Holy Molie,after I enlarged the scan of the other side of the bell,I think there IS a egale and swastika on top of the Brandenburg Gate.Arn't computers grand

I visited the Olympic stadium as a youth in 1990 and saw the swastikas in their denazified state. Here is a link that illustrates this.

Nazi Eagles

Richard,what a wonderful site,thanks for sending.As I said I have never noticed any Swasiks on the bell until I saw the other side

Operaman, no worries, it isn't obvious.

It certainly adds credence to the discussion about official Olympic badges being devoid of swastikas. The bell itself did, but was stuck up a bell tower so for the most part its representation on postcards etc does not appear to reflect this. However, the commemorative porcelain bells available for purchase did feature them, perhaps these were available for the domestic market only.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast