Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted

Article about: Seeking all relevant period | documented evidence, of the existence of the NS-Arbeitsdienst Abteilung 4/305. It is fact that a similar style small round badge with the unit name HIMMIGHAUSEN

Default ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted

Seeking all relevant period | documented evidence, of the existence of the NS-Arbeitsdienst Abteilung 4/305. It is fact that a similar style small round badge with the unit name HIMMIGHAUSEN was produced by Assmann, and is found in their period catalogs. This badge was also shown in post war mid 60s reference books (Kahl – pictured here, image N°22.)

BUT what about these BRAUNSCHWEIG badges? Was there ever such a unit? Or are all of these ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG badges post war Fantasy Inventions?
    It seems that offering a Forum Donation for period evidence is not working too well, therefor I will offer a personal donation to anyone who can provide period evidence of the existence that this unit actually existed. PM or post the info here ▬ or not!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted
    P
    Many

Default Re: ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted

Here are photos of an original and a fake...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted  ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted  ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted 

Thanks for the answer Glenn, but i would really like people to contribute who have something to offer, and not to just repeat what they believe, have read somewhere, or chose to believe. Hence the use of the words; Period | Documented. Both badges you show are not genuine. To date, the only badge like this, that history supports, is the 3/204 HIMMIGHAUSEN badge.
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 07-29-2013 at 02:16 AM. Reason: another image added

Alright, I am afraid I, too, will not be able to provide period documentation on the actual badge or the exact location of the 4/305 unit; so, forgive me. Still, I do hope that the following might help or at least point in the right direction for primary research:

As we all know, the unit designation 4/305 identifies Abteilung 4 of Gruppe 305.

Now, with three-digit Gruppe numbers, the first two digits corresponded to the Arbeitsgau to which the Gruppe was subordinate, with two-digit numbers, the first digit did. For exampe, Gruppe 11 belonged to Arbeitsgau I, Gruppe 250 to Arbeitsgau XXV etc.

Thus, Gruppe 305 would have been a component of Arbeitsgau XXX Bayern-Hochland [Bavaria - Highlands] and that hardly seems plausible for a unit based in Braunschweig [Brunswick], which is located in Niedersachsen [Lower Saxony].

(As was to be expected, no such problem exists with the period "3/204 Himmighausen" unit designation: At the time an independent community, Himmighausen is now part of the town of Nieheim in Südostwestfalen [Southeast Westphalia]. Arbeitsgau XX was Westfalen-Süd [Westphalia-South].)

For a thread on RAD unit numbers on another forum, see: RAD-Abteilungen

Thanks for that forum link

I was talking to Dr. Michael Jonas about these badges, and in particular this unit, a few years ago, and his response then was that there was no such unit. He also commented about the actual badges as well, and was of the opinion that they have nothing to do with the Third Reich.

Maybe someone has done more research, because it seems that many dealers are selling these as genuine.

and btw...
    Thus, Gruppe 305 would have been a component of Arbeitsgau XXX Bayern-Hochland [Bavaria - Highlands] and that hardly seems plausible for a unit based in Braunschweig [Brunswick], which is located in Niedersachsen [Lower Saxony].
    =

The badges that show RJAD can all be thrown out of the window, regardless of what people like Angolia have written about them, or the dealers that sell them as original say. The correct code being: RLAD = Reichsleitung (RL) des Reichsarbeitsdienstes (AD).

The documented badge, that history supports, 3/204 HIMMIGHAUSEN, is never seen faked, it is never seen period! Yet the badge that history does not support, in fact tells us the opposite of what the slogan is saying, and is found in many different variations, is accepted? Some weird-o logic being used here, but am still open to the idea of handing someone a fist full of dollars, if they can come up with anything period, (or even semi-logical really) on these

?

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    The badges that show RJAD can all be thrown out of the window, regardless of what people like Angolia have written about them, or the dealers that sell them as original say. The correct code being: RLAD = Reichsleitung (RL) des Reichsarbeitsdienstes (AD).
    I've just noticed, looking at a Rad Hewer the blade markings do have a RJAD format stamp which would put it at odds with Metallwarenfabrik's post no.6, unless of course, the RAD organisation had two different markings, one for badges another for blades, doesn't seem likely though
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted  

Quote by AlecH View Post
    I've just noticed, looking at a Rad Hewer the blade markings do have a RJAD format stamp which would put it at odds with Metallwarenfabrik's post no.6, unless of course, the RAD organisation had two different markings, one for badges another for blades, doesn't seem likely though
    These markings are different: Notice that the examples of fake badges shown above have "RJAD" with a "J", whereas the dagger has "RLAD" with a mirror-image "L".

Here is a variant I have not seen in this thread.
    In my opinion a fake coffin pin plate and the combination of Ges-Gesch. and RZM make this an obvious fake.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted  ABTLG. 4/305 BRAUNSCHWEIG info wanted 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast